Loose wires??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toffeebraces1878

Loose wires??

#1 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick one, something i've been worried about :? I've tried searching the forum to see if anyone's asked this before but couldn't find anything.

I'm on my 8th week of treatment this week, and haven't had an adjustment yet as my ortho keeps cancelling on me, but should deffinitely be this Thursday woohoo! I've noticed that the wire on my back teeth has suddenly got loose and is resting above my tooth now like by my gum.

Could this be due to my teeth pushing and the wires too big for that space or something?

I've been really careful with what i'm eating, and been making sure i'm cleaning them well, so just worried incase I get told off for something i'm not aware of.

Thanks for any help :)

Amy x

1fifthmiles

#2 Post by 1fifthmiles »

your teeth probably got straighter, thus you'll have excess wires, as they were previously used to bend around to fit your brackets

now, they bend less cos yr teeth become straight. (hope you get what i mean), and therefore, there will be some loose ends.

toffeebraces1878

#3 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Thanks for replying 1fifthmiles, you've made me feel a lot better!!!!!!

I was really worried incase I'd done something to them ha!

I didn't know that the wires would become loose, its fascinating :D