your next appointment...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catgyrl

#31 Post by catgyrl »

vak103

Your ortho may be trying to move your upper teeth out of the way, in case you have an overbite, so that they won't hit your lower brackets.

pasr16

#32 Post by pasr16 »

TWild wrote:Just had one on Monday and my next is 11/2. He said we are about to speed things up. I still have gaps on the front being closed with TADS, but he is also going to put a loop in the wire with some rubber bands to help speed it along - I hope :(

I'm so ready to be out of these things! 2 years and counting.
hey what do you mean by a loop???

sarz

#33 Post by sarz »

I dread my appointments with the orthodontist and can't talk about it when they are approaching. My mum just says "its tomorrow, isn't it" and I just shrug. At my age you would have thought I would have got over dental phobia. I absolutely hate joint ortho/orthognathic appointments. At one there were around 8 people in the room staring at me from all angles. Just wanted to take my head off and leave it in the room for them to talk about while i went and sat in the waiting area. Not possible though!!!!! :cry:

venom

#34 Post by venom »

sarz wrote:I dread my appointments with the orthodontist and can't talk about it when they are approaching. My mum just says "its tomorrow, isn't it" and I just shrug. At my age you would have thought I would have got over dental phobia. I absolutely hate joint ortho/orthognathic appointments. At one there were around 8 people in the room staring at me from all angles. Just wanted to take my head off and leave it in the room for them to talk about while i went and sat in the waiting area. Not possible though!!!!! :cry:

oh bugger! ,sarz who were the other people in the room?, this is also my worst fear, that when i start my treament on the nhs there will be other people like students etc also present!:(, if this is the case ten i'm gonna hate every appointment! :cry: lol

TWild

#35 Post by TWild »

pasr16 wrote:
TWild wrote:Just had one on Monday and my next is 11/2. He said we are about to speed things up. I still have gaps on the front being closed with TADS, but he is also going to put a loop in the wire with some rubber bands to help speed it along - I hope :(

If it is like I have on the bottom, he will bend the wire up, and around to make a loop for a S2 (I think they call it - the blue rubber bands) to hook to.

This is the best I can draw ---&---- just ignore the bottom of the ampersand and that's what it looks like, if that helps :D
Braced 10-06-2008
De-Braced 11-21-2011 Woohoo!

TWild

#36 Post by TWild »

TWild wrote:
pasr16 wrote:

If it is like I have on the bottom, he will bend the wire up, and around to make a loop for a S2 (I think they call it - the blue rubber bands) to hook to.

This is the best I can draw ---&---- just ignore the bottom of the ampersand and that's what it looks like, if that helps :D

This is better:

http://www.syossetbraces.com/braces_diagram.php
Braced 10-06-2008
De-Braced 11-21-2011 Woohoo!

sarz

venom

#37 Post by sarz »

At joint ortho/orthognathic appointments on the NHS, I have had 2 x consultant orthodontists, 2 x maxillo facial consultants, another orthodontist, senior house officer, staff grade surgeon and dental nurses present. ( staff grade surgeon didnt introduce themselves ) I just checked out their identification badges. These appointments are for our benefit but are so embarrassing! Whenever I get out I want to cry with relief that its all over!!!! Enjoy the experience and when you feel awkward, think of me, I will be sending you positive mental vibes. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Good luck. :D :D :D