worth a trip to the ortho?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ryan91

worth a trip to the ortho?

#1 Post by ryan91 »

Basically, the band at the back tooth on the top right of my mouth has broken slightly, at the bottom, just under the part where the wire slides into has, has broken apart, with the piece the wire goes into being pushed up slightly towards the top of my mouth ( if this makes sense).

It is causing no pain whatsoever, and none of the wiring etc is digging into my mouth either. Also, the band is still fully attached to my tooth, isn't wobbling about in any way, and doesn't look like it's gonna fall off due to the slight breakage.

Is this worth going to the orthodontist for, or will I be ok, but just keep an eye out for it becoming loose?

Lisa43947

Re: worth a trip to the ortho?

#2 Post by Lisa43947 »

I'd call your ortho and tell them about your concern. They will probably tell you you're find until your next adjustment, but it's best to call and ask.

ryan91

#3 Post by ryan91 »

[quote="Lisa43947"][b][color=#4000FF]I'd call your ortho and tell them about your concern. They will probably tell you you're find until your next adjustment, but it's best to call and ask.[/color][/b][/quote]

Thanks for your reply :)
I hope I explained myself properly and you know what I meant :P
thanks again :)

ryan91

#4 Post by ryan91 »

thought i'd post a picture so it's easier to see what I mean :)

Looking at the picture, it looks like the band has came away from the tooth, but that is not the case, despite the " rip" at the bottom, it still makes contact with my tooth all the way round!

ryan91

#5 Post by ryan91 »

Sorry for the double post ... but it wouldn't let me edit my post above.
Based on the pic I've provided, does it look like my band will be Ok, or do I urgently need to make an appointment?