sugar free cough drops ok if you don't bite?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GRILLZ

sugar free cough drops ok if you don't bite?

#1 Post by GRILLZ »

i'm wanting to suck on some sugar free cough drops i got before i was braced....as long as i don't bite the candy, is it ok to suck on, or is it better not to.....

Snowglobe32

Re: sugar free cough drops ok if you don't bite?

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Sure, it is okay.

Jewles

#3 Post by Jewles »

I eat chewy lollies all the time. Even gum!

bp88

#4 Post by bp88 »

I eat practically anything I want as long as I'm careful. :]

Lanna

#5 Post by Lanna »

bp88 wrote:I eat practically anything I want as long as I'm careful. :]
Same here. If it's a hard candy I usually suck on it until it's pretty brittle or small then start chewing it. As long as you are careful you can eat almost anything you did before braces.

mentos

#6 Post by mentos »

well, when they become really thin, they become kind of sharp and hard to suck...it seems like it could drop down the throat easily so I think a throat spray or mouthwash may be helpful.

Takako

#7 Post by Takako »

I've had no problem eating anything I want. Just go slow and gentle. I don't like ice anyway, and normally suck on cough drops and those kinds of things until they are small anyway, so I guess I had good habits going in! The thought of crunching on hard candy and ice made my teeth hurt even before braces lol!

I haven't had a problem with gum or nuts or popcorn either. Just have to be careful and slow.