Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catgyrl

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1006 Post by catgyrl »

I did it! Changed the nasty, grody, obscure-now-chartreuse powerchain for PLUM CRAZY!!! (WOW - that font color is a perfect match!)

I LIKE 'EM!

Cathy

BracedGeek

#1007 Post by BracedGeek »

I love that plum powerchain! I know what color ligs I am getting on Monday now!
(I also like the grin in that picture, too.)

Here is a picture of me with the blue ligs. Just the top braces are on. That will change on Monday.
rsz_1bracedgeek1-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metal braces from March 2011 until October 2012. Hawley retainers since October 2012.

catgyrl

#1008 Post by catgyrl »

LOL, BracedGeek! Thank you very much. That "grin" isn't my real grin - it's what I do when he tells me to "bite down". My regular smile is too crooked to post a photo of at this time.

The plum crazy ligs are a bit darker shade of purple than they photographed here. I think the flash from my camera makes them (and my teeth) appear lighter than they actually are. From experience, I know they don't stain very easily, too. Have fun with them!

catgyrl

#1009 Post by catgyrl »

Here's a pic from my cell phone which shows the ACTUAL color of the Plum Crazy powerchain. (Unfortunately, it also shows the ACTUAL color of my teeth! Ugh...) :(

bp88

#1010 Post by bp88 »

My second adjustment, I went from silver on top and light blue on bottom to full purple. It actually looks pink in person which is weird but it's still cute. I'm so glad I've gone with colour, makes the journey so much more fun. I'm already thinking of what colours to get next!!

BracedGeek

#1011 Post by BracedGeek »

My ligs are that plum color now. I am really enjoying the color!
Metal braces from March 2011 until October 2012. Hawley retainers since October 2012.

catgyrl

#1012 Post by catgyrl »

BracedGeek wrote:My ligs are that plum color now. I am really enjoying the color!
WOO HOO!!!! :-* I think you'll also enjoy the fact that they don't stain very easily. Of course, I don't eat anything like curry, but I do drink soda daily and eat a lot of foods with ketchup (goin' to Burger King for lunch today!), but they're much better than the clear ones.

bp88

#1013 Post by bp88 »

Oh that's lame, my picture didn't work. Sorry, I'll try again later!

LC'sTeefs

#1014 Post by LC'sTeefs »

Anyone have any experience with the "smoke" powerchains? I have ceramic braces and got tired of the staining of the lighter color elastics, so I have been using red and hot pink lately. I am real tired of the bright colors and wish to change to something less noticeable. I see that Lynn used them and liked them very much. Lynn...did you eat mustard with them (or any of the other staining foods), and if so, how did they do?
Linda

VancouverJude

#1015 Post by VancouverJude »

Hi Linda,

I tried smoke ligs recently --- not powerchains -- and will be sticking with this colour for the foreseeable future. It is a super discreet choice!

The first lig colour I chose was "silver" and now, in retrospect, I believe I really wanted smoke. Silver looked bulky nowhere near as discrete as I thought it would. Smoke on the other hand basically hides itself around the brackets as they are semi see-through and give an extremely low profile (for the first few weeks, especially on the bottoms, it practically looked like I wasn't wearing ligs at all.)

While I have the opportunity to get my ligs changed between adjustments, I was so pleased with the smoke that I didn't go in these past six weeks for a change. That decision also had to do with new part-time job and getting jaded about braces. I'm actually getting my adjustment tomorrow. During the six weeks the colour did change, yet profile still looks small. It took on a sort of a dark gold hue. I have eaten curry (only twice), ketchup often and ahem, lots of "medicinal" red wine (in fact so much red that I'm switching to white for the sake of my teeth) and too much coffee. I have been cutting down on the coffee as it's been staining my teeth (I know duh...)

My lig history has been (top/bottom) silver/bright pink; metallic blue/bright pink; smoke/smoke.

I also think that sometimes lig colours can clash with lipsticks, not so much with smoke.

regards, Jude

LC'sTeefs wrote:Anyone have any experience with the "smoke" powerchains? I have ceramic braces and got tired of the staining of the lighter color elastics, so I have been using red and hot pink lately. I am real tired of the bright colors and wish to change to something less noticeable. I see that Lynn used them and liked them very much. Lynn...did you eat mustard with them (or any of the other staining foods), and if so, how did they do?
Linda

catgyrl

#1016 Post by catgyrl »

Hi Jude

Did you happen to take a pic of your Smoke ligs? Either before or after the staining? Still shopping around for different color choices for when I don't want to be so "obvious".

Thanks
Cathy

clangjr

#1017 Post by clangjr »

My braces go on tomorrow and I cannot decide what colors to get. You'd think it was a life decision or something. I am leaning towards a bright green, but now I am thinking of orange for the Orioles!

LC'sTeefs

#1018 Post by LC'sTeefs »

Thanks for the info Jude :lol: . I have an adjustment next week, so I will try out the smoke chains and see how they do.

LC'sTeefs

#1019 Post by LC'sTeefs »

Cathy....you can check out the smoke ligs on "Lynn's Orthodontic Journal". Click on "photos page". I think they look pretty good on ceramics.
Linda

clangjr

#1020 Post by clangjr »

I ended up getting bright orange in celebration of the great start to a great season for the Orioles.

The bright orange isn't all that bright. In fact, it really made the braces less noticeable!