Terrified...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ValerieB

Terrified...

#1 Post by ValerieB »

Hi
new here :)

I'm getting Damon Braces on April 7th but this afternoon I'm going for my spacers. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm going to spend some time looking at other threads to hopefully feel a little better and realize that it will all be worth it. I'm useless at my job today because of the anxiety, I told my boss I'd make it up to him tomorrow. lol.

ladyksilver

Re: Terrified...

#2 Post by ladyksilver »

Good luck Valerie! I get my spacers on April 26 and get braced May 3! I have to have an extraction on April 14! I too am anxious and nervous! To ease my anxiety, I read blogs on different websites and I watch YouTube vidoes. I've also been flossing every day and every night to toughen up my gums and prep them for the spacers and ultimately the braces!

stepher7

#3 Post by stepher7 »

Trust me, the anxiety of it is the worst part! The braces will feel really weird in your mouth the first few days and your bite and chewing won't be normal for a week or two, but I'm not even a month in and most of the time I forget I even have them there! I also have Damon braces, clear on the top 6...is that what you're getting? Either way, I think they're easier to keep clean since there are no elastics. I find just brushing and flossing is doing a good job of keeping everything clean. Good luck with everything!

ValerieB

#4 Post by ValerieB »

OK, yeah the anxiety was the worst part. It still hurts like heck but nothing compared to what I had myself amped up for. They've been in place since Thursday afternoon and now Monday it only hurts to actively chew something. So, on to a few more days of this then i get braced... urrg.... I'm thankful that the spacers arent as bad as i thought they would be, bad - yeah - but not as bad, now i get to hype myself up for the actual braces. Maybe it will be the same thing, not as bad as i'm expecting... Still terrified.....

ladyksilver

#5 Post by ladyksilver »

Glad to hear things weren't as bad as expected! I'm sure I'll feel the same way! Again good luck on your treatment!

ValerieB

#6 Post by ValerieB »

Thanks! you too :) It's an odd feeling to be so excited yet so scared at the same time. I didn't have any extractions to look forward to but hopefully that goes smoothly for you. :)

clangjr

#7 Post by clangjr »

I am the exact opposite. I am so excited I can't even contain myself. I had my first visit with the ortho, agreed to go with braces, had x-rays taken, molds made, pictures taken, and spacers put in on the same day. That was Wednesday. I get the braces put on tomorrow. I can't wait!