Just one more day...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crazy4Snow

Just one more day...

#1 Post by Crazy4Snow »

I am soooooooooooooooooo nervous! Braces go on in one more day, on Thursday. I've never had them before so I'm dreading the "soreness" and the canker sores. But I'm prepared for just about anything, I've already bought everything I need except a waterpik, going to get that tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting it over with, the anticipation is agonizing.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

Lynette

Re: Just one more day...

#2 Post by Lynette »

Good luck with everything! :) Hopefully you don't get any pain.

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

lgee24

#3 Post by lgee24 »

I was in the same situation a month ago when I got my top braces put on. I was so nervous, don't be nervous it was a total breeze the second day is worse but its not bad. It would be like going to workout one day being sore the next day but it's bearable. Good Luck!

BracedGeek

#4 Post by BracedGeek »

I took ibuprofen every four hours starting the day before I got braces. It helped a lot.

Hang in there. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. :)
Metal braces from March 2011 until October 2012. Hawley retainers since October 2012.

clangjr

#5 Post by clangjr »

Good luck today! Mine went on yesterday and it really wasn't a big deal. You can see my post on here re: "Less than 24 hours to go" where I outline the process I went through.

If it gives you any indication, the braces went on yesterday and I was able to eat a bowl of Kix for breakfast this morning.
Chuck

ladyksilver

#6 Post by ladyksilver »

Crazy4snow, good luck! Maybe we'll be like Chuck and not even experience any pain, well at least not a lot of pain or discomfort! I get braced May 3rd! I have to have a tooth extracted on April 14th and spacers go on April 26th!

Kendra

Crazy4Snow

#7 Post by Crazy4Snow »

OMG...it's midnight and I can't sleep because I'm so nervous about tomorrow (well it's today I guess since it's after midnight). In less than 9 hours I get my braces...EEEEEK.

I hope to get on here tomorrow and let y'all know how it went, I can't imagine it being so bad that I won't.

Goodnight all, I gotta try and get some shut eye.

My story in this forum:

Metal Upper & Lower

Snowglobe32

#8 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Good luck tomorrow. The first week was hard for me. No one prepares you for the emotional/psychological feelings that come during the initial "why did I do this to myself" stage. You will be very happy you did it and time flies by!

sapphirerose924

#9 Post by sapphirerose924 »

Good luck! Take some ibuprofen and don't plan anything crunchy for that first dinner.

I am counting down toward getting mine off, though it is looking like they might be late coming off.

clangjr

#10 Post by clangjr »

You'll be fine!! I'm still not experiencing any pain after 2 days. Last night was supposed to be the "peak" of discomfort but I'm feeling fine!

Crazy4Snow

#11 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Well they're on, I updated my story here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38942 so you can read how it went. Thanks for all the encouragement, it helped.

My story in this forum:

Metal Upper & Lower