Damon braces v Ceramic braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Smythe

Damon braces v Ceramic braces

#1 Post by Smythe »

According to an orthodontist I was in contact with, Damon braces does not only straighten the teeth but also widen the upper arch. Apparently this improves the smile.

Does anyone know to what extent is this true? Do they really widen the upper arch? More so than ceramic braces?

Would Damon braces potentially give a better result than ceramic braces which do not widen the upper arch?

Thanks for any info!

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Damon braces v Ceramic braces

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Yes it is true. and Cermanic braces don't widen the arch the wire is tied in like as in traditional braces requiring extractions and if you want clear that bad ot with Damon Clear if your ortho has it if not that's ok, Damon is better it does expande I can feel my arch expanding :)
Jenn Medeiros

tkna

#3 Post by tkna »

I have damon metal braces top and bottom. It's been almost 5-6 months since I been braced and I notice a significant change in my arch. Like BracedSurgeryStudent stated you can feel when your arch expand. It's weird and cool at the sametime.

kamor

#4 Post by kamor »

I too, have Damon braces, and have had them for about 6 weeks. I agree that they do widen the arch, which is exactly what I need. My upper teeth tilt inwards, and i have noticed a significant change in my smile and teeth positioning. My smile is wider and my teeth are moving a lot. It does feel a bit strange, and I am pleased so far with the results.

belistic10

#5 Post by belistic10 »

i have damon clear upper and damon metal lower, i sure hope they widen well because i need it :) i am happy with them so far. the clear uppers arent irritating my gums as much as the metal are!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#6 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

tkna wrote:I have damon metal braces top and bottom. It's been almost 5-6 months since I been braced and I notice a significant change in my arch. Like BracedSurgeryStudent stated you can feel when your arch expand. It's weird and cool at the sametime.

Yes it is I love having the Damon system. My orthodontist is HIGHLY specialized in it and only offers Damon System which I think is great.
Jenn Medeiros

BracedSurgeryStudent

#7 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

kamor wrote:I too, have Damon braces, and have had them for about 6 weeks. I agree that they do widen the arch, which is exactly what I need. My upper teeth tilt inwards, and i have noticed a significant change in my smile and teeth positioning. My smile is wider and my teeth are moving a lot. It does feel a bit strange, and I am pleased so far with the results.
Indeed they do I noticed my top arch expanding a bit since the teeth are practically straight the bottom is ging to take some work before it will begin to widen. That's excellent :) As a child going to the different orthodontists they're all told me I needed key turning expanders but I was in good favor bweing denied all those years from insurance and the head ortho because now i benefit more from Damon Braces. it is safe to say it was well worth the wait.
Jenn Medeiros