Hi! I'm a newbie!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*Wired*

Hi! I'm a newbie!

#1 Post by *Wired* »

Hi everyone, I have been lurking the last few days and finally decided to register. I'm a 26 year old female, that had ceramic braces placed on top today. Been a long time coming! Metal bottoms will go on in approx. 6 months. I am kind of a complex case. I had 2 lower back teeth removed several years ago after a failed root canal. In preparation for the braces I then had my 4 (yes,4!) baby teeth removed 1 on each side, top and bottom, the baby teeth had no adult teeth behind. One did but it was impacted so we just removed it, along with all 4 wisdom teeth. I promise I have teeth in my mouth! Parents never really enforced dental hygiene or took me to dentist as a kid and I have been wanting to get this going for a long time, just couldn't afford it. Excited to see the end result in about 24-36 months!

Oh yeah, forgot to add, ortho wants me to do the herbst appliance or orthonathgic? surgery. And will also need a dental implant or 2? where the 2 teeth were removed from failed root canal.

Welp, thats my story in a nutshell.

Lynette

Re: Hi! I'm a newbie!

#2 Post by Lynette »

Welcome to the forum! You will have such an exciting time watching the progress over the next 2/3 years. You should definitely think about taking photos once a month to monitor your progress.

I am a fellow ceramic braces person as well and love them :)

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

*Wired*

#3 Post by *Wired* »

Thanks Lynette! I will take plenty of pictures!

ladyksilver

#4 Post by ladyksilver »

Welcome! Congrats and much success to you on your journey. I can relate to having a parent who didn't enforce dental hygiene. My mom was afraid of the dentist, therefore she didn't take us. I suffer from a lot of crowding and will be getting a tooth extracted tomorrow, spacers put in on April 26 and braces May 3. This site offers such a wealth of information that has helped me ease any of my anxieties and answered all of my questions. Good luck!

Foxsong

#5 Post by Foxsong »

Nice to meet you *Wired*! My mom dropped the ball when I was a kid too, so I know how you feel. But I'm finally starting to make up for it -- just got braced about a week ago. Good luck and I hope your teeth turn out gorgeous!
Braced on 4-11-11
Progress pics: http://www.photobucket.com/bracesprogress