Braced today...What do I need?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*Wired*

Braced today...What do I need?

#1 Post by *Wired* »

Upper ceramics put on today. What are the must-haves? No pain yet, when should i expect it?

jakesmom

Re: Braced today...What do I need?

#2 Post by jakesmom »

Congrats! I found ibuprofen, wax and a water pick to be very helpful right off the bat. I gave up the wax after a couple of weeks and I now only take ibuprofen right before an adjustment, but the water pick gets used 3 times a day. It not only cleans the teeth and brackets, but I think it feels great! I hope all goes well for you. I had trouble chewing for the first 8 days or so, and I was told by others that that is totally normal, so just expect that, especially after you get the braces put on the bottom teeth. Good luck to you!

Lynette

#3 Post by Lynette »

My braces essentials are: Colgate Plax Alcohol Free Mouthwash, Oral B Superfloss and Piksters (Interdental Brush).

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

bp88

#4 Post by bp88 »

Lip balm, lots and lots of lip balm!

drgnchsr36

#5 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Wax, chapstick, water, and threader floss :)