Teeth aching next day after food?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

impatientpatient

Teeth aching next day after food?

#1 Post by impatientpatient »

I've had ceramic uppers and lowers for over two weeks now and last night went out for dinner (been eating pasta and soups mostly since brace day!)
I had some more chewy food but really could only do most chewing in one part of my mouth due to discomfort. Anyway, today my teeth are agony! Is this normal? Is it always going to be like this I I eat something tougher than pasta?!
Any advice appreciated :)

Snowglobe32

Re: Teeth aching next day after food?

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Yes, this is normal. It happens to me all the time. If I have chips, my back teeth hurt. If I have a sandwich, my front teeth hurt from biting into it.

The pain doesn't last very long, usually just a day.

It has happened throughout my entire 18 months of being in braces.

impatientpatient

#3 Post by impatientpatient »

Oh no! I guess I will just need to choose what restaurants I go to to make the pain the day after worth it. :wink:

Crazy4Snow

#4 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Oh joy!!! More for me to look forward to. :( I haven't been able to chew anything at all because the only thing that touches is the brackets on my lower cuspids to my upper cuspids. It's so aggravating. I basically drink all of my meals.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

foxparadox

#5 Post by foxparadox »

yeah... I am pretty sure that food is going to be a painful experience for the next year+ lmao. :(