PHOTO OF MY TEETH! About to get braces off, need your advice

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TumbleDryLow

Re: PHOTO OF MY TEETH! About to get braces off, need your ad

#16 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I really think that you are going to need to talk to your orthodontist about this, so I'm glad you sent the photo. Maybe he or she can explain to you why things are the way they are and perhaps offer some solutions. I will say, however, that you can drive yourself crazy trying to obtain perfection. If there is nothing your orthodontist can do, I hope you can overlook the things about your teeth that no one else is going to notice and enjoy your very lovey smile.

alignment

#17 Post by alignment »

I know I'm being very particular about this situation and I know when you glance at my teeth they look straight and nice. I'm very happy with them (you should have seen what they looked like before!!)

I've uploaded the photo again ( imgur dot com/72hae - sorry, this board says I can't post urls) this time, with some reference points to make my issue clear and see if any of you have any advice for me or how I can approach this with my orthodontist. I'm sincerely not just looking for validation that I'm right, just some discussion about the placement of teeth.

Lynne, I'd be interested to hear about the gum procedure - did you or someone you know have it done? Which tooth do you think could benefit from that?

Also, does anyone think I should get a veneer on the short tooth?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my concerns.

alignment

#18 Post by alignment »

TumbleDryLow - thanks. Yes, I talked to her and she kind of reiterated the same thing about not being able to bring that canine down any further and that the lateral incisor

I know that nothing is perfect, but if something CAN be done about these concerns (minor, I know) then why not try?

Thanks for the kind words, I also hope that I quit driving myself crazy over this!

Lynette

#19 Post by Lynette »

What I meant by gum is that your gum line starts higher up on your right tooth. To get your left tooth as perfect as your right tooth, you would need about 1.5mm or less of gum removed from the left tooth. I have a similar thing going on with my teeth, but a lot worse and I'm okay with it.

I don't know anyone that has had any gum procedure done and I wonder if any dentist would do such a procedure for something so small?

You can ask your dentist to shave a bit off the bottom of your left tooth if you are worried it is longer than your right.

But being completely honest, I really do think it all looks great! No need to do anything else.

Hope this helps :)

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

Foxsong

#20 Post by Foxsong »

Wow. I just don't see it. I think they're gorgeous. I'll be thrilled if mine turn out that way.

impatientpatient

#21 Post by impatientpatient »

Foxsong wrote:Wow. I just don't see it. I think they're gorgeous. I'll be thrilled if mine turn out that way.
I totally agree! Fabulous! I guess if you have been through all that with braces though you want to get as perfect (in your own mind) as you can.
Good luck!

Snowglobe32

#22 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I can't figure out how to view the photo. Can you post the photo instead of a link?

anxiousgirl

#23 Post by anxiousgirl »

Your probably going to hate me for saying this.
But i think your teeth look perfect and amazing and beautiful :)

Wow if my teeth look like that in 18 months, mission accomplished :)

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

Foxsong

#24 Post by Foxsong »

You know what? I think sometimes we get hung up on achieving some kind of supernatural perfection. We look in magazines and see photos of all these people with absolutely perfect teeth, but how many of those have been Photoshopped into that perfection? Nature doesn't make things absolutely symmetrical. Maybe the trick is to get our teeth aligned so that they're pleasing, but not to make them SO extra-perfect that they look fake?

jambo532

#25 Post by jambo532 »

How about you tell your ortho about this. It is obvious you don't want the compliments from the people on the board. I think they look amazing and you should relax. If you are really that unhappy about them tell your ortho.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

tashay1985

#26 Post by tashay1985 »

I think your teeth look great, I know what you're trying to say. when all my teeth were finally pulled down and aligned, As a result of all the crowding I had before braces, my right incisor looks so much longer. It had previously been sticking straight out. You can see much more of the tooth up by the gum than the other side. It does bother me a little bit. but I know everyones case is different and I understand that my teeth can only get ever so perfect.
I can honestly say mine dont line up completely and look way worse than what I see in your picture but i'm not really worried about it because my teeth already look SO much better than they ever did and I cant change the shape and length of my teeth or expect my ortho to measure each tooth and shave away gums. thats probably a little excessive. I agree you should talk to your ortho about it everyone thinks your teeth look amazing and they can only do their best to give you advice but ultimately these are issues your ortho may or may not be able to "perfect"

good luck!! and congrats on being close to debrace day, enjoy it!!

VA5

#27 Post by VA5 »

Honestly I think your teeth look really nice!!! I have a lot of leveling issues left and I'm "almost done" too. Your teeth look MUCH better than mine do, in almost every way!

I know you think the graph is centered however if you look at your bottom teeth, the bottom right are higher too, so I am guessing that the picture is a little off and that's why your top right teeth look higher. I think you have nothing to worry about, your teeth look awesome.

poppy123

#28 Post by poppy123 »

How is everyone viewing the pic? I can't see it and the link isn't working

VA5

#29 Post by VA5 »

poppy123 wrote:How is everyone viewing the pic? I can't see it and the link isn't working

imgur dot com/72hae

type it in like that, but put www. first and then replace the "dot" and the spaces with an actual period. op couldn't post the link the way it's supposed to look, let me try:

www.imgur.com/72hae

poppy123

#30 Post by poppy123 »

Thank you va5, I've been dying to view this pic

...don't know what to say now I've seen it, again I hate to repeat the general opinion on here but i cant see anything ( if the dots werent there i wouldnt have a clue what i was looking at) your probably sick of hearing it but I'd be thrilled if my looked like that. I really wanted to see what the gum difference with this tooth of yours as I have one too, mine is soooooo obvious compared to yours. Mine is like gum recession on just one tooth, but like I say I'm happy just leaving it as compared to my 'before' teeth, I'm very happy. Im not sure if there is anything that could be done about it anyhow that gum proceedure sounds a bit too drastic personally