New here

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chiara

New here

#1 Post by Chiara »

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 26 year old female starting on the long road to jaw surgery. I had 6 extractions this morning under general anesthesia and im feeling pretty normal for now, just trying to trust that my ortho and surgeon know what they're doing. I will be getting spacers on April 25th and will be braced on May 2nd. They are expecting me to be ready for lower jaw surgery and possibly a genioplasty in 20 months.

stepher7

Re: New here

#2 Post by stepher7 »

Congratulations on starting your journey!! You'll be so glad you finally did it :D

ladyksilver

#3 Post by ladyksilver »

Congrats and good luck on your braces journey! I had a tooth extracted yesterday. I will be getting my spacers on April 26 and braces on May 3rd! Fortunately I don't have to have surgery. My issue is crowding. Again good luck!

Chiara

#4 Post by Chiara »

Thanks so much you guys. Ladyk, it looks like were getting things done around the same time. I feel kinda silly for being a little excited but ive wanted braces since I was a child but my mother couldn't afford it. I'm gonna be in braces for about 3 years which is really long but I know in the end it will be worth it. I can't wait to have a normal jaw and perfect smile!

Foxsong

#5 Post by Foxsong »

Hi Chiara, and welcome aboard! I just joined myself and it's a nice group of folks. I just had one extraction on Thursday and was pretty uncomfortable for a day or two, so I feel for you! Hang in there -- we'll all be glad we did it in the end. :D
Braced on 4-11-11
Progress pics: http://www.photobucket.com/bracesprogress