Ativan for bicuspid extractions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

secretsmile

Ativan for bicuspid extractions

#1 Post by secretsmile »

Hi! I'm 29 and am getting braces on May 24th!

I've never had any orthodontic work before, I live in the US but am from England and was never to the best of my knowledge offered braces - much to the shock of dentists here - who consider I have a complex case.

I have an over bite and a cross bite and crowding so have to get my first bicuspids pulled on the top and second bicuspids on the bottom.
I booked my apt for the extractions on May 17th and the dental office is prescribing me Ativan (anxiety reliever) to take before. They said they will numb me, i'm really dreading it - so would love to hear reassurance!

I had 4 wisdom teeth out 2 years ago, 3 were impacted but I was under general anaesthesia. Unfortunately that won't be the case this time :(

clangjr

Re: Ativan for bicuspid extractions

#2 Post by clangjr »

I just had 3 bicuspids out. This was 7 weeks after having 3 wisdom teeth removed. The bicuspids were a piece of cake. I had them removed at 3pm and was back at work and pretty much normal the next day.

poppy123

#3 Post by poppy123 »

Aww wish I could offer some advise but I've never had it done. all I'd say is get that Ativan popped, it's supposed to be good stuff. You will prob be carefree by the time you get in the chair. I'm from uk and was never offered braces as a child/teenager, I don't know why though as I remember school pals having braces and their teeth were nowhere near as bad as mine. They seem to brace kids now even before the problems start. Makes me frustrated that I'm now 29 and am having to pay for them when they should have been done when I were a kid. Anyway, rant over. Good luck with the extractions x

secretsmile

#4 Post by secretsmile »

Thanks you guys! Really appreciate it...

Clangjr - that's good to hear I have to work the next day too...

Poppy I wish i'd had the opportunity to have this done as a child too. My orthodontist said the window of opportunity to fix my cross bite on my left side may have been when I was 12, but they're going to try anyway can definitely fix my overbite and my teeth will be aligned. When I have children i'm definitely going to be taking them to the orthodontist so they don't have to go through it at 29...