braces term needed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

quiggle

braces term needed

#1 Post by quiggle »

hi everyone, I'm new here and got my braces about two weeks ago. on the bottom front of my teeth, my orthodontist placed something that is clear that wraps around the brackets and is about as thick as the wire. yestereday after brushing my teeth, I noticed that this clear piece is starting to loosen away from the wire and brackets on one end. I don't see my orthodontist for another three weeks and wanted to know if this is something I should be concerned about making an emergency appointment for? also what is the term for this piece, I tried looking it up but the closest thing is a rubber band but it isn't positioned where rubber bands usually are. thank you for your assitance!

klobird

Re: braces term needed

#2 Post by klobird »

Is it a lip bumper???---might want to check that term out on the web...sounds like something I've read about, but I really don't know...

quiggle

Re: braces term needed

#3 Post by quiggle »

[quote="klobird"]Is it a lip bumper???---might want to check that term out on the web...sounds like something I've read about, but I really don't know...[/quote]

hi klobird, no it's not a lip bumper it's much thinner than that. it kind of looks like a rubber band/plastic string that is wrapped around the brackets and wire and it was only placed on my bottom front and nowhere else. thanks!