Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

kaddessi

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#181 Post by kaddessi »

I will be getting mine on in about 5 weeks and I will be 25 in 3 months. Very nervous but so glad I found this site!

TinkB

#182 Post by TinkB »

I will be braced at 31 years old.
My appointment is tomorrow.
I am excited and nervous at the same time. Or maybe its nervous and excited. I don't know which I feel more. :)

Nikkistixx06

#183 Post by Nikkistixx06 »

I'm 26 and hopefully they are off by time I'm 28 and no later! :)
Nikki
26 years old Braced April 2011

http://26yr-old-mommy-n-braces.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Bracer215

#184 Post by Bracer215 »

Well I got my braces at age 61. I was sure the ortho was going to say I was too old. But I was having some gum recession due to my bite being out of whack. So after gum surgery for the gum recession my dentist and periodontist referred me for an ortho consult. I went to the consult on a lark thinking the ortho would say I was not a good candidate but here I am 4 months into being braced. It has been quite an experience and really not too bad at all. It is all about the preservation of my teeth at this point.

BenR

#185 Post by BenR »

I'm 36 and have just had a Damon clear brace fitted this morning. The procedure of fitting it was a lot better then I imagined and now at home wondering A) how bad the pain will be on the inside of my lip over the next few weeks, and B) what the hell I'm going to eat for the next 18 months?! After they were fitted the dental nurse gave me the speech about all the things to avoid and it seemed a long list!

Anyway I am glad to have finally taken the plunge after years of procrastinating. So glad I found this forum!

Ben

Jensniffer

#186 Post by Jensniffer »

I get mine on next Friday, full set of ceramics, expected time 24 months give or take a few months either way- I am hoping for a few months less ;) I am 34 as of last month.

lgee24

#187 Post by lgee24 »

I got mine when I was 24. I am 25 now and have had them 3 months now I get my lower braces on at my next appointment in 6 weeks. My parents couldn't afford to get me braces as a kid so I finally got a job that offered. Coverage for adult and jumped at the chance. Then shortly after my consult I switched companies and no longer had coverage but I figured I already had everything I needed to get braces may as well just pay for them so I put off buying a car for braces. I know it will be worth it in the end 17 more months to go!

Railway Track

#188 Post by Railway Track »

I did mine yesterday after procrastinate it for 1 year. I'm now 32 years old. It's painful now! :(

Faerie

#189 Post by Faerie »

I will be 28 when I get my braces on the 31st of ths month. I'm 27 now, but my birthday is Wednesday. :)

BrandieMarie

#190 Post by BrandieMarie »

i had mine put on at 37.
I am now 42 and still in them :(

BrandieMarie

#191 Post by BrandieMarie »

[quote="Faerie"]I will be 28 when I get my braces on the 31st of ths month. I'm 27 now, but my birthday is Wednesday. :)[/quote]
Happy early B-Day!

JulieFL

#192 Post by JulieFL »

33!

Got them last week to address crossbite/TMJ and overcrowding on the bottom that concerned me because my dad has periodontal issues. I'll be in them for 18-24 months.
Braced on May 26, 2011, at age 33

angryhead

#193 Post by angryhead »

I was 13... I was only supposed to have them for a year but it soon turned into three! :P

emmy30

#194 Post by emmy30 »

29...soon to be 30! I have been hesitant to get them since I was 13...every ortho I consulted w/ recommended 4 bicuspid extractions and I was never willing to proceed. Well, I've been braced for 11 days (no extractions yet...we're "seeing how it goes"). They still feel soooo strange but I'm excited :-)

ladysable

Re: At What Age Did You Get Braces?

#195 Post by ladysable »

[quote="spinme"]First post here! I'm 50 and will be having my braces fitted in 6 weeks time. Before that though I have to have 3 teeth extracted. Wish I had got round to it years ago :([/quote] You sound like me, only I am 55. This is both scary and exciting for me. Have had them on since Feb. 22, 2011. Good luck!