I haven't had an adjustment in 12 weeks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blackapple

I haven't had an adjustment in 12 weeks

#1 Post by blackapple »

Yes I know that is odd but I had foot surgerey in another state and could not get back to my home state as I was physically unable. I finally returned back home last week and had my teeth cleaned and ortho visit the next day. I have had no wire change since last December. Do you think not visiting the ortho for 3 months us going to extend my 24 month sentence? It will be a year in braces this august. I almost had to beg my ortho for a wire change last week. I started to have issues with a molar band in April where it felt it was digging into my gums. Actually it was and developed irritation and redness, bleeding. They took it off last week. I may end up with another spacer around that molar when they replace the molar band. I feel like I have taken several steps back.

Jenn B

Re: I haven't had an adjustment in 12 weeks

#2 Post by Jenn B »

I just had my braces put on yesterday and my first adjustment isn't until August 22nd.

Crazy4Snow

#3 Post by Crazy4Snow »

My ortho told me never to miss an appt. and if it's unavoidable and I do have to cancel one to make sure I get in within a week or two or it will prolong my treatment. Hopefully I will never have a situation that will cause me to miss one.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

Snowglobe32

#4 Post by Snowglobe32 »

You said you had to beg your ortho to change the wire...did he feel a new wire wasn't necessary? If so, then missing 3 months shouldn't be an issue. My ortho likes to see me every 4-6 weeks. It has been like that since the beginning. It really depends on your case and what he/she is trying to accomplish. I will talk to them if you are really concerned.

Rach44

#5 Post by Rach44 »

I don't think it should be an issue. My adjustments are normally every 10-12 weeks.

Estimated Treatment Time: 30 Months