Weirdness you've noticed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jensniffer

Weirdness you've noticed

#1 Post by Jensniffer »

So what are some weird things that you guys have experienced along your journey?

Mine is chewing with my front teeth. I didn't expect it to feel this bizarre! I can't bite food with my front teeth, it doesn't feeling like my teeth at all! Hard to explain. Its not really soreness but just oddness. I tried to take a bite out of a sandwich (soft) no luck. Rolled up lunch meat, couldn't bit it off with my front teeth. Anyone else feel this way or have other odd things happen for them that you weren't expecting?

secretsmile

Re: Weirdness you've noticed

#2 Post by secretsmile »

I have the same thing with my front teeth... I can only bite into something super soft with the front teeth otherwise there's like a strange pressure hard to describe... I cut everything up... I guess it's normal wonder how long it takes to get better... I miss potato chips! :oops:

The other weirdness is when i yawn I feel like a shifting or movement sensation... :roll:
Extractions (4 bicuspids) : 05/17/11
Braced (all but top molars) : 05/24/11
Top 1st Molars bracketed: 05/31/11
Forsus (Braces Springs): 10/18/11

My blog: http://marie-secretsmile.blogspot.com/

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39420

Crazy4Snow

#3 Post by Crazy4Snow »

I can't bite anything at all...my teeth don't come together...not that I'd want to because they're still quite sore.

The weirdest feeling I've felt is the "numb" sensation. It comes a few days after an adjustment, after the initial pain wears off. It's so odd...they feel like I've had a novacaine shot in each tooth.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

anxiousgirl

#4 Post by anxiousgirl »

The main thing is that whenever i read this forum i get a sore mouth! Lol. Seriously, my mouth gets this weird pressure like when I first got my braces on.

Chewing with my front teeth is an awkward feeling, like im going to snap the brackets off or something.

Thats all i can think of at the moment!

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

pjacjac

#5 Post by pjacjac »

My front teeth have been pretty much useless since I got my braces on in February. To top it off one of my front teeth is behaving strangely now, It doesn't hurt so much as if it gets bumped or tapped with anything I pretty much jump out of my skin - which has me worried about the nerve in that tooth. Brushing it is really brutal.

I really need my front teeth to behave, I'm an avid outdoors person and my water bladder uses a bite valve and I haven't been able to use that damn bite valve to drink out of yet.

Any one else having that what have I done to myself moment I find myself there alot lately.

hypocrite opportunist

#6 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

I had the same weirdness with my two front teeth...it lasted about 7 months. Now, at 9 months, I can finally bite into things with my front teeth again, thank goodness. :roll: Just be patient!
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

Marigold

#7 Post by Marigold »

I can relate to that weird, numb feeling! Have it all the time on one side of my front teeth. This is the side that was slightly caved in before braces, so I'm sure it's just the pressure of the braces getting them in line. I'm always unconsciously biting my teeth together on this side because it feels good, sorta. Weird! It's hard to explain :lol:
Other weird things: My mouth is dry all the time now, and I have a wacky bite that makes it hard to chew.
Good weird things: The shape of my mouth is changing. My front teeth are moving forward and filling out my upper lip area. I look younger, I think.
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

Kipepeo

#8 Post by Kipepeo »

pjacjac wrote:I really need my front teeth to behave, I'm an avid outdoors person and my water bladder uses a bite valve and I haven't been able to use that damn bite valve to drink out of yet.
Yes! I ride a mountain bike, and I have to suffer through the bite valve ache. My braces have only been on 2 days but the fronts are already feeling better.

BreEazy628

#9 Post by BreEazy628 »

I too, have issues with biting into sandwiches, burgers, and even pizza. I have to eat almost everything with a knife and a fork. Hopefully it gets better, I'm only a month in.