Face profile

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

marc23

Face profile

#1 Post by marc23 »

Hi,

unfortunately I never got braces during my youth - however, nowadays I'm somehow unhappy with my face profile. I wanted to ask, whether you think it's possible that braces can improve the face profile or whether only surgeries will lead to changes?

I cannot really tell you, what I don't like - maybe it would be better if you told me what seems "strange" to me (yet, I somehow feel the chin to be too big and the upper jaw to be to "thin" or to be too much back).

Thank you very much!

lilone

Re: Face profile

#2 Post by lilone »

I personally think you have a lovely profile. I don't know about your bite though, obviously, as it doesn't show. Do your bottom teeth come out a little further than your top or do they want to do that naturally when you aren't forcing a proper bite? If so, I'm quite sure there are options open to you. It doesn't seem obvious to me from your profile but you do have a strong jaw. It's not overly strong...it's more a Neil Patrick Harris jaw rather than a Jay Leno jaw, IMO. If you aren't happy, it can't hurt to have a consultation and see what they say.

SlimZippy

#3 Post by SlimZippy »

It looks ok to me but I see what you are pointing at. Braces widened my arches and gave my profile and lip area a bit of a lift so if the same applied to your case it might help?
Damon & ICE brackets for 11 months in 2010/2011 @ 34 : Before and after pictures here

UGHBRACES

#4 Post by UGHBRACES »

What is your teeth and bite like?

marc23

#5 Post by marc23 »

Hi,

thanks for your answers so far. Unfortunately I've some problems with my camera, so I cannot show a picture of my teeth right now. However, I can try to explain: In the front, one of my upper teeth is going directly on the lower teeth (it's a bit damaged) and one other upper teeth is going behind the lower one. The other front teeth are okay, however I seem to have only very little overjet, meaning, most upper teeth are in front of bottom teeth, but are somehow touching them too directly, if you understand what I mean?
Second, my velum somehow seems to be too narrow, at least when smiling you do not see many teeth; on one side in the back there seems to be a cross bite of I'd say 2 or 3 molars ... though I'm not an expert, I'd say the upper jaw is too narror and too small, or at least the arche could be wider .

marc23

#6 Post by marc23 »

Hi,

here are again some pictures (normal profile picture; and two pictures with teeth put straight together)

Maybe you can guess in how war braces would help to get a more aesthetic profile...(or whether I'd need a surgery)

http://www.progenica.net/forum/index.ph ... ch_id=6061

http://www.progenica.net/forum/index.ph ... ch_id=6064

http://www.progenica.net/forum/index.ph ... ch_id=6062

marc23

#7 Post by marc23 »

No ideas?