Eating Lunch!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snowglobe32

Re: Eating Lunch!

#16 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I have found that the trick to eating chips or anything crunchy is to keep it towards the inside of the teeth, away from the brackets. Chew with your molars and keep everything towards the back. With chips, I don't even need to break them.

I have eaten caramels this way, apples, crackers, chips, etc.

Of course, this works when teeth are sore due to adjustments etc.

Foxsong

#17 Post by Foxsong »

Knife and fork in the purse at all times! What a great idea! :jump:

I can't just randomly bite into anything. Everything has to be cut up into tiny little pieces. I have started getting patty melts or pita sandwiches instead of burgers on buns or rolls because the bread is easier to cut up. I had a gyro last night on pita bread and that worked out really well.

My husband and my friends have been very patient with my taking a very long time to eat. The good thing (for me at least) is that I've found it's true that if you eat more slowly you feel full on less food. I figure maybe at the end of all this I'll have pretty teeth and be svelte. :lol:
Braced on 4-11-11
Progress pics: http://www.photobucket.com/bracesprogress

mnmetalmouth

#18 Post by mnmetalmouth »

[quote="Robot Teeth"]Could you (anybody reading) eat chips and salsa, or would the chips be too crunchy? And how about hummus with pita bread that is very soft and chewy, about a quarter inch thick?

Those are 2 staple foods in my diet, and I really hope to be able to eat them with braces![/quote]

My orthodontist didn't tell me that chips and salsa may break the brackets...oops. I have eaten them a few times since I got my braces. I just eat them slow and with my molars since my front teeth hurt too much to chew really anything.