Mom in braces at 42

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chainreaction

Re: Mom in braces at 42

#16 Post by chainreaction »

Hello...got mine 4/26/11 Im 51 and finally could afford to get them ...lots of adjustments (no pun ) to get used to but totally worth it !!!!!
Good Luck ...keep checking back and updating!!!!

bracketeer

#17 Post by bracketeer »

Introducing myself! I will be a Mom in braces at 42 as well effective August 8th! Initially I wanted the Inspire version but after doing some research I have changed my mind and will be going with the Damon version because I am worried about staining (I LOVE my coffee). My treatment time is expected to be 12-18 months...ahhhh! My main issue is spacing after having one wisdom tooth removed and subsequent and horrifying shifting in addition to a slight overbite. I'm apprehensive, but very excited : )

rhuj

#18 Post by rhuj »

Hullo! I was feeling a little on the 'older' side for getting braces and Im nearly 35. I think what made me feel odd about is that my eldest daughter is about to get hers on - only a week after me! So Im really happy to see older or should I say ' more mature' ha ha folk getting it done too!