Bruising?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iamtamnur

Bruising?

#1 Post by iamtamnur »

Today while cleaning my teeth I looked in the mirror and it looked like I had dirt or a shadow all around my mouth. I looked closer and realized that I'm bruised all around my mouth. Anyone else experience this?
*~*~*~*
~Tammy
45 y/o SAHM to four kiddos and a bunch of furred and feathered babies

tarabears

Re: Bruising?

#2 Post by tarabears »

Huh? Nope, this has never happened to me. Are you sure it's bruising or just a discolored area of your mouth you never noticed before? Ever since getting braces on I've noticed every little detail of my mouth, gums, and teeth that I've never even been aware of before lol. What area in your mouth do you see this color?
Tara, 25 yrs old.
Braced 07/19/11. Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

iamtamnur

#3 Post by iamtamnur »

It's around my mouth. I think I may have bruised myself while applying some counterpressure to my aching gums. I have bruised before when having dental work done. One time when I had a deep cleaning done it looked like I had been punched in the mouth. Oh well.
*~*~*~*
~Tammy
45 y/o SAHM to four kiddos and a bunch of furred and feathered babies

Cudi

#4 Post by Cudi »

Yea, one time my dentist put the mouth separator thing in my mouth, but it was cheap and plastic and hurt my gums real bad.

I had a little bruising, but it hurt a lot.

Crazy4Snow

#5 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Can't say that I have experienced this, I hope I don't! Sorry you're having so much pain. :(

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

LoveOrtho

#6 Post by LoveOrtho »

Can't say that I have experienced this, I hope I don't! Sorry you're having so much pain.
Ditto Crazy4Snow,

I haven't ever had any bruising around my mouth, but I hope yours gets better soon!
Braced since September 25th 2009!
Deband date: February 7th 2012
Getting retainer: February 9th 2012