5 more days of freedom...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TnC

5 more days of freedom...

#1 Post by TnC »

I have a few more days of "freedom" before I start the long process of having a straight smile. Is there anything in particular I should be doing these last few days to help "prep" my teeth/mouth? I'm nervous about getting them but I know the end result will be worth it!

Nettie

Re: 5 more days of freedom...

#2 Post by Nettie »

Hi There!!!

Congrats on getting started soon.

If I had to start all over again, I would get the crest white-strips to whiten my teeth before having braces on as everyone including yourself will be looking at them more!!! then again you may not need whitening!!!!

Next, eat up!!!!! All your favorite crunchy things, gooey sticky sweet things!!!!

Your eating habits will change as your teeth/gums will be sensitive and you'll be brushing forever and a day after eating.

Get a water-pik, as I find that helpful, you'd be amazed at the amount of food particles that will be in your mouth even after brushing!!!!

Take pictures of your teeth now, so that you can compare with the after results!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Nettie
My story:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39453

microbrew

#3 Post by microbrew »

TnC congrats on getting the journey started! Im also about to lose my freedom in 4 days time. Dont know if im more excited or nerve-racked, i think its about even at this point. I agree with Nettie about getting your fill of all your favorite foods before its too late. Pictures are a must also to document the before and after too. One other thing im doing is stocking up on softer foods just to have on hand for the next week or so. Best of Luck!

Crazy4Snow

#4 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Everything Nettie said! :thumbsup: I did whiten my teeth but I started the whitening process 1 month before getting braces as I use the trays.

I ate a bunch of stuff that I knew I couldn't have for the duration of time in braces.

And...I bought all my cleaning weapons to have everything ready.

Stock up on pain meds!!!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13