Goobers and gunk

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Doubledice

Goobers and gunk

#1 Post by Doubledice »

Lol, well thats what i call it, i know its gross but throughout the day especially around my front teeth it starts to accumulate what i call 'goobers' like clear or sometimes colored slimy feeling stuff. I clean my teeth 3 times a day and take care with dental hygiene but i'm just curious as to why this happens. Before braces where put on me, i had a huge problem with chewing my lips and biting them, needless to say, when i get absent minded and bored, i start gnawing on them again, not a pretty sight for someone in braces.

Snowglobe32

Re: Goobers and gunk

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Are you using mouthwash each time?

Doubledice

#3 Post by Doubledice »

not every time, at night yes but i stopped using it in the mornings

ashesgap

#4 Post by ashesgap »

Try a 50-50 peroxide and water rinse. I do 1tsp of each, the little measure cup that comes with cold medicine is handy. That might help foam out any yucky stuff on your brackets.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Doubledice

#5 Post by Doubledice »

urg had a horrible day today, learned my lesson about how important it is to floss, and thats just between my 4 back molars which are banded, so gross