Got braces this AM

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TnC

Got braces this AM

#1 Post by TnC »

Got my top braces on about two hours ago. So far no pain and my mouth is adjusting pretty good. I'm sure the pain will start but I'm going to keep taking my ibuprofen every four to six hours. I'm so excited to finally be on the path to straight teeth!

klobird

Re: Got braces this AM

#2 Post by klobird »

Congratulations T!!!

There is soooo much helpful information on this website...if you haven't already been reading, go ahead and do it!! You will find answers to everything!

Good luck with the discomfort--it goes away in just a few days and will be much less if you keep up on the Ibuprofen.

The time will fly by--you will be surprised!!

sweetembraceable

#3 Post by sweetembraceable »

Congrats! I have a TPA and getting my tops next week!

xGa12yx

#4 Post by xGa12yx »

Congrats on your braces. I'm so jealous... I'm allergic to basically all pain killers in the book. So I had no choice but to just take the pain. Fortunately, It wasn't bad. Canker Sores is what killed me. But thank god that only lasted 3 days. But yeah, Once again... Congrats.

TnC

#5 Post by TnC »

Thanks everyone. I'm 24+ hours with NO pain and my lips are not irritated, at all (I'm sure I just jinxed myself). These clear brackets seem to be pretty comfortable.

ArchWired28

#6 Post by ArchWired28 »

Good luck, Buddy! I wish your treatment goes smooth! :thumbsup:
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

Waiting4braces

#7 Post by Waiting4braces »

Congrats on the shiny (or clear :lol:) new braces! Hope everything goes well for you!

Sweeney31

#8 Post by Sweeney31 »

I had my braces fitted this morning too! I'm too scared to eat anything!! Feels good to be on the road to straight teeth good luck with your treatment.

ArchWired28

#9 Post by ArchWired28 »

Sweeney31

very soon you will not even know that they are there. I was afraid to eat anything, but for now, the only thing that I have not tried is the raw whole apple. I think I could even have that if I wanted to :D It does get better!
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.