Mouthwash!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracketeer

Re: Mouthwash!

#16 Post by bracketeer »

I'm currently using Phos-Flur :HugeGrin:
Embraced in a heavy metal romance with Damon since 8/10/11. This affair is destined to last at least 12 months : )

QueenElizabeth

#17 Post by QueenElizabeth »

xGa12yx wrote:I use Listerine in the Morning and ACT Anticavity before I go to sleep. I highly recommend ACT mouthwash to anybody that's in braces. One thing you don't want is getting cavities or decalcification around your brackets when they come off and ACT will help you out with that. Oh and the reason why I use Listerine in the morning it's cuz I feel like it gives me the nice fresh breath in the morning that last throughout the day. I think it's the 12 hour protection one that I use.
:BigTeethGrin: Yep that pretty much as been my routine now that I've added the ACT (blue one). I'm also using Sensodyne and I haven't noticed a difference just yet. FYI: I switched over to Sonicare from Rotadent and I definitely love the Sonicare better!! My fiance agreed and was very pleased with the purchase. :wink:
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

sds4h

#18 Post by sds4h »

I use ACT at night and the kroger off brand stuff in the morning & afternoon.

AM21

#19 Post by AM21 »

I use ACT Total Care. (The green one)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Doubledice

#20 Post by Doubledice »

Was told warm salty water by my dentist :P

methoddan

#21 Post by methoddan »

Phos-Flur as it was given to me by my ortho.

White Fang

#22 Post by White Fang »

My orthodontist gave me a Colgate Phos-Flur sample with a coupon so I got a bottle of that. I really hated the flavor though. I just finished the bottle and couldn't see it on the shelf, so ended up getting The Natural Dentist's Anticavity Fluoride Rinse. It's a new brand for me but I like it so far.

The only thing that worries me is that the Sodium Fluoride on the ingredients list is measured in % while on the Phos-Flur bottle it's in mg per 10 ml. I'm kind of math dumb and so I don't know if it's a comparable amount of fluoride or not ...

I use Plax (red) in the am. After reading this thread I'm going to check out the ACT!

Bracer215

#23 Post by Bracer215 »

Phos Flur in the am. Listerine in pm. But will try ACT in place of Listerine

kellyb

#24 Post by kellyb »

i am using oral -b anti plaque as this was the one the ortho gave me in my goodie bag so i continue buying it ever since. prior to braces, i used listerine. i found the listerine stay white abit too harsh though. the inside of my mouth was sore after using it.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

marybee

#25 Post by marybee »

I use ACT green and Colgate Peroxyl. I only use the Peroxyl when I have a sore mouth or cuts in my mouth from the braces.

badbites

#26 Post by badbites »

Crest Pro Health (blue color), primarily due to the fact that it's alcohol-free (to prevent drying out my gums as per my ortho's advice).. :wink:

ashesgap

#27 Post by ashesgap »

FYI...
Crest pro health stains, bad. Do a quick search on yahoo or google. I had horrible staining, and the only thing to get rid of them is a trip to the dentist.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

kellyb

#28 Post by kellyb »

ashesgap wrote:FYI...
Crest pro health stains, bad. Do a quick search on yahoo or google. I had horrible staining, and the only thing to get rid of them is a trip to the dentist.
my dentist told me on monday that mouthwash will stain and i should avoid it. i thought he was talking nonsense but now you say it too, i am wondering. as said earlier, i am using oral-b anti plaque which also blue colour. i must admit i have not noticed any staining yet from the mouthwash so i am just ignoring his advice and following the advice of my ortho.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

hydr0

#29 Post by hydr0 »

I've been using Colgate Peroxyl at night and ACT (green) in the mornings. The Peroxyl helped the irritation in my cheeks clear up really fast during those first few painful days.
Female, 30, USA. Clarity uppers, metal lowers. Left upper premolar extracted 3/20/12, Brace Day 3/28/12, left central incisor extraction 7/30/12. Sentenced to 30 months.

smilehope

#30 Post by smilehope »

I was given a bottle by my ortho called Swirl - I was told to use it only once a day at night, and when I had to replace it to use one with the same fluoride content - 0.05%. I have found one of the Listerines which has that % to go on to but not tried it yet.
1st Feb 2012 - extraction both upper 2nd premolars
Braced 9th March 2012 - lower metal fixed and upper removable plate
5th September 2012 - bite plate gone, upper ceramic fixed fitted
Estimated treatment time 18-24 months