Regret getting braced?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Eve43

Regret getting braced?

#1 Post by Eve43 »

Does anyone regret going through the entire braces process? Just curious.

klobird

Re: Regret getting braced?

#2 Post by klobird »

I have only had them for 4 months--I don't regret anything so far. I'm thankful that I am able to have this chance. I have had a couple of uncomfortable times, but very forgettable. I have some things coming up that I'm not looking forward to, but as time goes by, the closer I get to the end. It just doesn't seem like that long in terms of my whole life--so, at this point--no, I don't regret my decision to get braces. And I can say "no I don't want that" at any point. It's all up to me how invested I am in the process....

MissQBaby

#3 Post by MissQBaby »

I would have to agree with the last post. A beautiful smile is something that I've always desired; envied even. No pain no gain. I think braces are the best option, when you consider the alternatives. What's better than your own natural teeth looking the way they were intended to look minus the imperfections? I don't mean to dismiss any concerns you may have, or discount any issues that you have experienced. I've read some horror stories. But for me, I wouldn't want the regret of not doing it, especially if I had the means to do it.

Eve43

#4 Post by Eve43 »

Thanks, 'Guys'! I value your opinions and sharing your experiences! To continued success... :BigGrin:

bracketeer

#5 Post by bracketeer »

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!
Embraced in a heavy metal romance with Damon since 8/10/11. This affair is destined to last at least 12 months : )

AM21

#6 Post by AM21 »

I've only had my braces for a month but I don't regret them at all! I went from being self conscious about people staring at my teeth and holding my head down when I spoke, to smiling at everyone and being proud of my teeth. I now have +1 self confidence. :)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Eve43

#7 Post by Eve43 »

Glad to hear AM21! Getting braced Tuesday, Sept. 6. What did you eat the first days or so?