TPA/Nance

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

misty28

TPA/Nance

#1 Post by misty28 »

Please tell me it gets easier to cope with this thing??? Its the worst part of my braces journey so far!! Im finding it difficult to eat/sleep/talk. The roof of my mouth hurts so much!!! can anyone tell me their experience with the tpa/nance?? I hope it will be worth it in the end!!!

Jenn B

Re: TPA/Nance

#2 Post by Jenn B »

I have had a TPA and LLA in for 4 months now along with my braces. It does get better. I had such a lisp for the first 2 weeks and everything was getting caught on the roof of my mouth. My tongue was raw too from always rubbing it against the TPA/LLA. It does get better! Hang in there!

Kaylee

#3 Post by Kaylee »

Oh man, I really does hope it gets easier.

My LLA had to come off because my oral surgeon said it was "in the way". My ortho put it back on two days post-extractions, and now it feels so much more uncomfortable than before!! I don't know if that's normal... even my front teeth hurt! Oh well, "no pain no gain", right?

Jenn B

#4 Post by Jenn B »

Kaylee, I had to go back to my ortho and have him adjust my LLA because it was making my bottom front teeth ache...as soon as he bent it a little the relief was instant! It was pushing against my bottom front teeth and making them ache.