Purple archwire!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laura1985

Purple archwire!

#1 Post by Laura1985 »

Hello! Just wanted to share my excitement! I have Damon 3mx's and at my adjustment today they gave me a purple archwire! At first, I was caught off guard, but then got pretty excited. Without ligatures we don't get the chance to be creative with our braces, so I liked this. Apparently, the color fades a bit with brushing..so please don't fret if you don't like this and I'm sure it's not something every Damon wearer has to have. Anyway, just wanted to share something happy! Oh, and normally after adjustments it hurts but not at all today! woo hoo! :D
Upper: Damon3mx on 6/1/2009
Lower: 7/27/09
4 extractions done in May
Canine exposure eventually

sdawdy

#2 Post by sdawdy »

That is freaking cool!!!!

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Purple archwire!

#3 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I wear Damons and hope to get that
Jenn Medeiros

ArchWired28

#4 Post by ArchWired28 »

What is it that is purple exactly?
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

Cassandra

#5 Post by Cassandra »

Wow I've never heard of that before, that does sound cool! If I go ahead with my Damon3's I'll ask about it.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#6 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

ArchWired28 wrote:What is it that is purple exactly?
It's the entire archwire, ya know how the normal ones are silver all silver coloured? Well this one is legit ALL purple coloured. like a darkish shiny purple.
Jenn Medeiros

Skylines

#7 Post by Skylines »

That is REALLY wicked! :D I'll be it looks really cool. I wanted damons, but my ortho didn't provide them and he was one of the only ones around who'd accept my insurance. So, I'm stuck with boring, boring, boring braces.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#8 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Skylines wrote:That is REALLY wicked! :D I'll be it looks really cool. I wanted damons, but my ortho didn't provide them and he was one of the only ones around who'd accept my insurance. So, I'm stuck with boring, boring, boring braces.

Awwwwwh its was the ONLY braces aside fomr invisilign my ortho place offers up in Boston, and she was the only one who would help me because im finacially struggling.

But i say thats great that you could even get the regular ones those are cool too
Jenn Medeiros