Smile Lines?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweetembraceable

Smile Lines?

#1 Post by sweetembraceable »

I noticed that I have slight parenthetical lines around my mouth (I don't know if it's because of habits I've picked up since having the braces on or the movement of the teeth.) Anyone experience this? Will they go away? I'm only 27 and would like to delay wrinkles of any kind for as long as possible! :?

In other news, my 2 front teeth no longer overlap, woot! :jump:

illay

Re: Smile Lines?

#2 Post by illay »

i don't know whether it's just my feeling or not, but in my second braces now, my smile line is more visible than before :(
i am only 25 **sigh**. there's no extraction in this second braces.
i really hope that it will less visible when i get them removed.
Anyone know why it happen ?
I wonder if the dentistry book mention about this..

diegorgeous

#3 Post by diegorgeous »

do smile lines occur more when your teeth are more pushed out??
Meaning if you have premolar extractions and your teeth are pushed back, smile lines should decrease right??

i currently have smile lines when i smile and i'm hoping they disappear or at least reduce as my teeth are pushed back. i have 4 first premolar extractions and bimaxilliary protrusion.

diegorgeous

#4 Post by diegorgeous »

bump

maxhammer

#5 Post by maxhammer »

I'd be curious to hear how bicuspid extractions effect the smile lines. I feel like mine have been pushed in, and my lips were protrusive. I am very unhappy with it.

CountessDeSangre

#6 Post by CountessDeSangre »

lol i have the opposite problem, mine are going away

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

Clarasmom

#7 Post by Clarasmom »

I too had what used to be just the top half of parentheses as smile lines become a full parenthesis on the left. Hopefully, for you young'uns, they will revert back after braces removal to whatever it is you desire. I'm 44, so another half parenthesis is the last of my battles - LOL!

bushbaby

#8 Post by bushbaby »

I'm noticing this too, especially when I'm contorting my face all the time to get elastics in and out. I've bought some (very expensive) face serum that I'm plastering on those lines night and day and its slowly plumping them back out again. I'm not even 30 and don't want to fix my teeth but gain wrinkles instead!