Favorite color powerchain??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Favorite color powerchain??

#1 Post by klobird »

I will be getting my first powerchains in a couple of weeks. First, I really would like to know, as adults, what your favorite color power chain is and the reactions you've gotten.

And then, as someone else was wondering, how long do you have to have powerchains?

Also, do they usually hurt? Cuz I'm getting powerchains, a finishing wire, and heavier elastics....hmmmm...

Snowglobe32

Re: Favorite color powerchain??

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I have never been asked what color powerchain I want, they usually give me a smoke colored chain probably because I have ceramics on top. I like this because it hides the wire a bit. I wore a powerchain for the majority of my first year or so...I just started wearing them, on top and bottom, a few weeks ago mainly to close gaps.

No one has ever noticed my powerchains. I supposed if you had a color they would be easier to see.

They don't hurt as much as elastics, but in the first few days it feels as if someone is hugging your teeth and they won't let go. The "pain" from a powerchain is nothing compared to elastic pain. I had a pc (only) first and I thought the pain was bad....then later when I got elastics, the pc's became something to laugh at for me.

With all the new stuff you will be getting, your teeth will hurt for a few days anyway. The hardest thing about pc's I have found, is keeping the teeth clean. You really need to get in there and throughly clean every day. Food gets stuck, the wires can get stained...it is a mess. Right now I am in a "rocky mountain pc", who knows what that means....but my earlier powerchains, I took off once a week so I could clean really well. I am sure the ortho would not recommend taking it off and putting it back on yourself.

secretsmile

#3 Post by secretsmile »

Hi Klobird,

I've had power chains since day one, in varying configurations - kind of like you and the elastics. They hurt at first but have no idea how much more or less they hurt relative to not having had them. Though given you had elastics since day 1 i'm sure you'll adjust fast. My ortho gave me clear and I have had no noticeable staining! And I drink tea everyday! I am good about drinking water while i eat and after tea, also brush my teeth within an hour of eating. I use Crest white non alcoholic mouth wash twice a day and brush the power chains using a sensodyne gentle whitening tooth paste. My ortho's assistant told me that power chains aren't too bad for staining so long as you stay clear of red wine and curry... Though before she told me this I had drank red wine followed by water and had no staining...

Good luck with your next adjustment and thanks for your info you previously gave me on the forsus... 5 days to go till forsus!
Extractions (4 bicuspids) : 05/17/11
Braced (all but top molars) : 05/24/11
Top 1st Molars bracketed: 05/31/11
Forsus (Braces Springs): 10/18/11

My blog: http://marie-secretsmile.blogspot.com/

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39420

ashesgap

#4 Post by ashesgap »

I have had red chains, and silver. Really liked both of them. To clean under them I use the Piksters(size 6) that I've been using between my brackets for the past 19 months. They are painful. I've had them on my upper molars and can barely chew. But like every thing else the pain subsides and you don't notice any difference.
On a side note the silver chain blended well on my bottom arch, till I ate Artichokes. Then it had this cool metallic green tint to it. I had no idea the Artichokes stained, because till that time I used almost only red ligs and chains.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

klobird

#5 Post by klobird »

Thanks for your replies!!

Between adjustments everything is fine....and then dum,dum,dum.....it's that time again..... :shock: :yikes:

Huggypillow

#6 Post by Huggypillow »

Hello,

Powerchains, i was surprised with those little suckers a few visits ago. the first colour i had was a purple one no choice with the colour i had purple ligs on top to match, this time i got dark blue powerchain with red ligs on top again no choice with powerchain on bottom.

I have another appt this week and im getting the aqua colour ligs on top i think its one of the nicest colours ive had.

Colours ive had are

red and blue
purple and purple
fluro pink - not the most decreet
aqua

im not very adventerous but im getting there one colour at a time.

denSMSgt

#7 Post by denSMSgt »

Guess I'm in no way your typical 40 year old, but for me Orange will be the most fun colour powerchain!

seanpual123

#8 Post by seanpual123 »

My favorite colour is black.

belistic10

#9 Post by belistic10 »

i am scared :lol: i will update later what colour i like since i have no idea yet! but considering i had 4 extractions i am worried they might give me pc from day 1.. :?:

AM21

#10 Post by AM21 »

The one and only powerchain that I have now is teal and I really like that color. When I first got the chain, it did hurt a bit but nothing good ole' ibuprofen couldn't take care of.
When I go to my adjustment next week, I'm going to get a black power chain. Going to have red and black alternating ligs. Can't wait! :D
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Bracer215

#11 Post by Bracer215 »

Have had powwer chanis for about 5 months on uppers. First two times I got silver and they just blended in with my wire and brackets. Now have orange power chain for October/Halloween. Love it. Will get red for Christmas time. No real pain with the PC
:lol:

crooked rory

#12 Post by crooked rory »

I think I am going to get them on my 11/1/11 appointment since I have had my extractions done. Personally, I love the red ligs, and powerchains. They go well with my favorite eyeglass frames, which are red. I do plan on trying out multiple colors in the 24 to 30 months I am expected to be in braces for. I wish I had gotten pink ligs though when my braces were put on.... Sure, I would get some weird looks, but October is breast cancer awareness month, and wearing pink would support two survivors I know well and the thousands I have never met.