Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msh

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1051 Post by msh »

The halloween colours are awesome and the baby blue is really nice looking

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1052 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

For my next colours I can't decide.:
Green and White (Like snow on evergreen trees/my school colours)
OR
Green and Red (Christmas Colours)

What do you all think?
Jenn Medeiros

belistic10

#1053 Post by belistic10 »

i like the sound of green & white.. mind you it doesnt snow here & i have never seen snow :lol: so if it was me here i'd do green & red LOL

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1054 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Awh It just snowed the other night in fact. You're missing out on some beautiful snow. yeah I was thinking green and white since im only at this school till may 2012, then will be transfering next year nad next year I could always do the green and red.
Jenn Medeiros

ashesgap

#1055 Post by ashesgap »

I think the white would change colors pretty quick. Keep that in mind. I tried light blue once and by the end of the four weeks they were a dingy almost brown. Red and green wouldn't stain though.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1056 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Jenn Medeiros

londug

#1057 Post by londug »

You're all so brave! I've had light pink which contrasted too much with my olive skin. I noticed many more people staring at my mouth and I became self-conscious, so I moved back to the more conservative clear the next adjustment.

equipped

#1058 Post by equipped »

Hi

I have had my braces (ceramics upper and mini metals lower) about 5 months now. On my last appointment I asked black ligs on both arches. It is obvious that braces are now much more noticeable but I think they have also cleaner look (no stains and no questions are there braces or not). :)

Mike

catgyrl

#1059 Post by catgyrl »

Hi Mike-

Thank you for posting that comment. Now that I'm (hopefully) towards the end of my treatment, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have my teeth look cleaner/whiter, even if that means wearing darker colored ligs/chains and having the braces more noticeable. I'm currently looking at the darker blue shades for my next appointment. I've heard they make your teeth look much whiter!

-Cathy

catgyrl

#1060 Post by catgyrl »

@belistic10 - Here is the light blue powerchain after 4 weeks of dark sodas (with a straw), ketchup and pizza (the only real "staining" things I consume). The front ones held up really well (just faded a bit). The back ones have turned bright green (LOL!), but because they're so far back... and concealed by my elastics... you can't even see them. (Please disregard the lack of lip balm... Gosh, what a difference that makes!)

This is a great color choice, and I'll probably choose it again! Thanks, kitsune!!

-Cathy

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1061 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

londug wrote:You're all so brave! I've had light pink which contrasted too much with my olive skin. I noticed many more people staring at my mouth and I became self-conscious, so I moved back to the more conservative clear the next adjustment.

AwwwwhI bet the pink looked great on you I think you should choose whatever colour your heart desires and ignore the people that stare, because lets face it everyone nad their mother has braces nowadays its nothing to be ashamed of, wear them loud and proud people stared at mikne the first weeks in which I had them because where I come from no one not even the orthodontists know about Damon Braces (I travel three hours to get mine). But I think you should wear whatever colour you want and ignore the people that stare. :) Good luck in your treatment
Jenn Medeiros

Mauvaise

#1062 Post by Mauvaise »

AM21 wrote:I had an adjustment on Wednesday and I have my two favorite colors now. Red and black :) The red looks orange in the picture but the lighting is just off. :p

I'm actually contemplating that exact color combo when I go to get my ligs changed out today. Normally I wouldn't bother to change in between adjustments, but I'm going to Vegas this weekend and don't want my Halloween colors. I bought two new dresses: one black and one red & black, so I was thinking red/black ligs would be the perfect complement.
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

AM21

#1063 Post by AM21 »

Mauvaise wrote:
AM21 wrote:I had an adjustment on Wednesday and I have my two favorite colors now. Red and black :) The red looks orange in the picture but the lighting is just off. :p

I'm actually contemplating that exact color combo when I go to get my ligs changed out today. Normally I wouldn't bother to change in between adjustments, but I'm going to Vegas this weekend and don't want my Halloween colors. I bought two new dresses: one black and one red & black, so I was thinking red/black ligs would be the perfect complement.
That would be cool. You would be accesorized down to the ligs on your braces. :)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

AM21

#1064 Post by AM21 »

catgyrl wrote:@belistic10 - Here is the light blue powerchain after 4 weeks of dark sodas (with a straw), ketchup and pizza (the only real "staining" things I consume). The front ones held up really well (just faded a bit). The back ones have turned bright green (LOL!), but because they're so far back... and concealed by my elastics... you can't even see them. (Please disregard the lack of lip balm... Gosh, what a difference that makes!)

This is a great color choice, and I'll probably choose it again! Thanks, kitsune!!

-Cathy
I really liked the light blue power chains, their very pretty but I also like the multi color shade your powerchains turned, it looks pretty neat. It sort of looks like you had them put on that way.
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Mauvaise

#1065 Post by Mauvaise »

I went yesterday just to get my lig colors changed. I would normally not do that, but I am going to Vegas and didn't want to go with out-of-date Halloween colors. I am wearing a black dress one night, and a red & black dress another night, so I too went with red & black.

I really like the red!
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053