Starting my Journey

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Moxie

Starting my Journey

#1 Post by Moxie »

Hello! I have been reading this board for a few months and finally managed to get registered (still can't access through my laptop at home though). Have learned lots and really appreciate the more mature viewpoint on this board, so thought I would introduce myself and my story now.

I'm 46 yrs old and live in Canada. Years ago when I had my wisdom teeth out the oral surgeon told me I would need surgery to fix my overbite. That wasn't happening! So twenty years later my overbite has resulted in considerable wear on my front teeth both upper & lower and it's finally time to do something about it. My orthodontist is hopeful that we can now improve things enough with braces to avoid surgery. He will reassess about 6 months into my treatment. So lower braces (Damon metal) went on at the beginning of August and uppers (Damon clear) two months later. I'm managing quite well so far, not too much pain, more just discomfort and I don't even notice the lower ones at all now the uppers are on. I'm rather excited to finally be working towards having my smile straightened out. Fingers crossed that surgery can be avoided!

rahmama

Re: Starting my Journey

#2 Post by rahmama »

Greetings Moxie: I'm new to this whole thing as I just got my braces 3 days ago. Arched Wire is already a great comfort to me.

londug

Re: Starting my Journey

#3 Post by londug »

Hi Moxie

Just want to wish you luck on your journey and hope you can dodge surgery! I'm nearing the end (finally!) and waited 20 years to do my braces and am so glad I made the choice to get braced!