Just Got My Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KayBrace15

Just Got My Braces

#1 Post by KayBrace15 »

So I just got my braces thursday and they are KILLING ME! -__- When I first got them on, I was fine. Throughout the day, they started hurting and I couldnt eat (and still cant) or even talk. I havent eaten in 2 days so Im very cranky. *Sigh* all ready ready to get these things off. . . . 24 months 2 go. Gonna try & go eat something. lol. (:

~ Til next time,
KayBrace15

reynolk

Re: Just Got My Braces

#2 Post by reynolk »

Congrats Kaybrace15, hopefully in a couple of days or weeks the pain will subside. :wink:

gramma2xander

#3 Post by gramma2xander »

It will get better! :tingrin:

prose

#4 Post by prose »

How many different smoothie flavors have you tried??? :D

Lux

#5 Post by Lux »

You sound JUST like I did a month ago!

I've been braced for a month (as of this week) and for the first week i was like "I made a mistake, I hate this" I couldn't eat, I was sooo grumpy and sore and felt like it was never going to get better.

I promise it does! By the 2nd week you will feel SO much better. And for now just start making lots of smoothies and eat some frozen yogurt or something, that's what I did. :)

frankiecgsw

#6 Post by frankiecgsw »

i usually take a couple motrins to get red of the pain. it works instantly for me

TwistedShelby

#7 Post by TwistedShelby »

I know, I know the pain is terrible. But the pain means your teeth are moving...right? It does go away after a few days, but how much mashed potato and fish can someone take!!! I've just had elastics and powerchains put on and thought I would never be able to eat again, but after 5 days I'm back to my normal (braced) food.
Just keep thinking the pain means its working, I find it consoling and after 5 months everyone is commenting on how good my teeth are looking, so it is so worthwhile x

retainerjoe

#8 Post by retainerjoe »

hi , i found that the day or so after are the worst after any adjustment , there are things called bite waffer , out there that will help , think you can find them on lynn's site
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces