Will Invisalign work? (pics included)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

time4achange

Will Invisalign work? (pics included)

#1 Post by time4achange »

I am 19 and have finally decided to get some orthodontic work done. I have crowding and spacing issues on my top teeth. I also have an overbite. My bottom teeth are fine. Invisalign sounds awesome, but i am doubtful that it would work on my case.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kennyandrew85

Re: Will Invisalign work? (pics included)

#2 Post by kennyandrew85 »

I was told invisalign wouldn't work for me and my teeth looked in more of an arch than yours at the back (about even at the front).
SO i would think no, but you can always ask, I would just have traditional ceramic brackets & white brace wires and get it done without limitations, but that's just me.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

DesertCat

#3 Post by DesertCat »

I was told upfront both Invisalign and ceramics were 'out', and like you I had a misplaced tooth--it looks like one of your bicuspids is sideways in front of another? My upper left canine was in front of the bicuspids, a bit closer to the 2nd than the 1st. I knew Invisalign was out for a few different reasons before I even went for any consultations, and ceramics also ended up being out because of the canine and having to put a lot of pressure on that bracket.

You can always ask, but the basic metal ones really aren't that bad if that's what you end up with. :)

time4achange

#4 Post by time4achange »

DesertCat wrote:it looks like one of your bicuspids is sideways in front of another?
yea it is, idk how that happened