Do you use the UV cleaner on your Sonicare toothbrush?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Do you use the UV cleaner on your Sonicare toothbrush?

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Some newer Sonicare toothbrushes come with UV light cleaning cases. Of course, these cost more than the models that come without it the UV cases. Some of the brushes have 5 modes (the most expensive) and some have 3 modes ( a little less expensive). Then there is a basic model which only has one mode and no UV case, which is quite affordable.

For those of you who have newer Sonicare toothbrushes -- did you buy it because of the UV case? The number of modes? A combination of the two factors? And....did you wind up actually using the UV case to sanitize the toothbrush, or do you feel in retrospect that the extra money you spent on that was wasted?

Thanks for your input!

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

prose

Re: Do you use the UV cleaner on your Sonicare toothbrush?

#2 Post by prose »

I've been using the Sonicare toothbrush for about two weeks. The main reason that I bought it is the various modes, including the sensitive mode. As strange as it might sound, using the toothbrush first thing in the morning and the last thing each evening is becoming something that I really look forward to. The movement of the toothbrush is very soothing to my teeth, just seven weeks into a full mouth of braces and four extractions. :D I use the UV cleaner after every brushing. Not sure what difference it is making though. FYI - I bought my sonicare on amazon and felt that the price was very comparable, and worth me not driving all over town during this holiday season hunting for one. Tell Santa you want one for Christmas! :o

TMJJill

Re: Do you use the UV cleaner on your Sonicare toothbrush?

#3 Post by TMJJill »

I bought mine several months ago on sale at Costco. At the time it was the only model available and their pricing was much better than a couple other places I looked. It came with 2 brushes and chargers, one with the UV component. I use the UV part about once a week. I also like having just the charger itself for travel. The only reason I don't use it daily is because I don't have enough outlets in my bathroom to keep it plugged in daily. The brush holds a pretty good charge.

I usually vary between 2 of the brush heads in that set. One has a hydro thing in the middle that works pretty well for me with the braces and the other is plane.

The model I have also has 3 modes on the brush itself. One regular, one for sensitive teeth and one for whitening. The whitening mode goes a bit longer. I tend to use it the most to ensure I'm getting really clean around my braces.

So far, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I also got a waterpik at the same time that has worked well too.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!