WOW!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedSurgeryStudent

WOW!

#1 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

HOLY MOLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that change. Both mouths in the before and after are angled at the same direction and look at how much I have changed from September 8th, 2011 to January 1st, 2012. This is unbelievable. I'll take that as a no herbst appliance for me just elastics because they seem to be doing the trick. Look below. Like is this real life? Cause Im socked cause I lived with such UGLY teeth and bite for a long time. I can actually chew my food because I can bite things because I barely have an overbite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jenn Medeiros

klobird

Re: WOW!

#2 Post by klobird »

Oh my word Braced!!!! Is that really the same mouthful of teeth!!!???!!!! AMAZING!!!! STUPENDOUS!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Your teeth look like that girl's teeth in the video "My shiny teeth and me" if you've seen that....

And Braced--weren't you kinda gonna give up a while back.....??? But you hung in there!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Hurray for you!!!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#3 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I know my ortho was shocked and surprised and they werent even THIS great when I last seen her over a month ago. I keep asking myself "is this really my mouth?" You should send me that video Id love to see it.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did not give up! Thanks for helping me hang in there.

Next time I go she's takikng my wires out so I can head over to my cleaning then when thats done i go back to her office nad she said she's probably going to be changing more wires. It seems like everytime I go I get elastics. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love when she tells me to wear elastics because Then I know I'll be expecting progress.

I simply cannot tell you how delighted I am with progress. I woke up yesterday weeping tears of Joy! I can't wait to go back in 10 days and show her.
Jenn Medeiros

microbrew

#4 Post by microbrew »

Wow! That is some great progress in just a few short months! Im wondering if im seeing something right though, do you have ligs on your damon braces? Im thinking of asking my orthodontist to do this mostly just to add color as im getting tired of seeing a bunch of metal when i open my mouth. Unless you have regular braces i didnt even think it could be done. At any rate you must be thrilled cause that is some great movement. Cheers!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#5 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Yes the ligs go on under the archwires of my Damon braces. I went in getting braces not expecting them to let me. They asked me I was shocked. I get them changed even if I don't get my wires changed, they would just put the same wires back in. You should definatly ask. If they say we don't do that because of the pressure like in regular braces suggest it go on under the wire. :) I hope that helped and thanks :) I am soo happy with the progress and glad my ortho only offers Damon (for my type of case)
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

#6 Post by AM21 »

Your teeth look awesome, BSS! :D Congrats!!
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

CoryDaniels

#7 Post by CoryDaniels »

your teeth look really good really fast.

Its amazing how slow the process is but how fast you can start seeing results.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#8 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks guys I thought I would share the joy I just want to shout my excitement from the rooftops of Boston. Nex time I go LOL
Jenn Medeiros

Clarasmom

#9 Post by Clarasmom »

Wow, they look great! I am soOOoOOoo happy for you. How much time do you (allegedly) have left? I'm six months and counting here...
Braced 13 June 2011
Drunk ever since

BracedSurgeryStudent

#10 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks. Well we thought my teeth were going tp be stubbourna nd that the case was going to be really hard so swhe 30 months with a herbst appliance but since I dont need it and we jumped right into braces I'm not sure i never asked how long now. I should maybe ask who knows it could be 24 months but if we go by 30 months I only have 26 months left. I am four months in.
Jenn Medeiros

crooked rory

#11 Post by crooked rory »

They look great :tingrin: I can't wait for mine to look like that.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#12 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Awh thanks :) I cannt wait until I go see the ortho in about 9 days :) I like wearing elastics all the time and given new ones after the visits because it means progress progress progress.
Jenn Medeiros

Sandpiper

#13 Post by Sandpiper »

Your teeth look amazing!! Many congratulations; you must be so happy!
471 days in braces

[/url]

BracedSurgeryStudent

#14 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thankssssss I am mega happy. I hope my ortho notices it.
Jenn Medeiros