Whats your brushing regimen?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xBlankZ

Whats your brushing regimen?

#1 Post by xBlankZ »

Do you use manual or electric? A proxy brush? Floss? I need some ideas on how to order this stuff...

Loztredders

Re: Whats your brushing regimen?

#2 Post by Loztredders »

After breakfast I brush with my electric toothbrush at home.
after lunch at work I use a manual brush and proxy to remove lodged food and after dinner I floss, interdental brush and use electric brush. then last thing at night just before I hop into bed I rinse with colgate fluoriguard alcohol free mouthwash.

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

1) Swish with warm water
2) Irrigate with a countertop waterpik at home, a Pana-sonic portable away from home. (Way better than the Waterpik-brand portable; runs on AA batteries and is much more compact when not in use.)
3) At bedtime, floss w/ Glide threader floss.
4) At home, an Oral-B vitality w/ "power-tip" under the wires, then overall teeth with an ortho head. (smilox.com has two power-tips and two ortho heads for $20... it's a good deal.) The Vitality is cheaper than the fancy models, and just as effective. Away from home, just a generic toothbrush from the dentist's office. For toothpaste, after breakfast and dinner it's Prevident 5000 Sensitive (a Rx-only high-fluoride toothpaste); the rest of the time it's Colgate sensitive whitening.

No proxabrush for me; I let the irrigator and power-tip handle those chores.

CountessDeSangre

#4 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Well... it WAS:
  • Water flosser
    Orthodontic toothbrush (manual)
    Proxy brush
    Listerine
    Glide Threader Floss (if it's bedtime)
    ACT Anticavity Rinse (if it's bedtime)
But I've been slacking lately.... My job won't give me the time to brush my teeth after we eat, and I get out so late I just kinda shower and fall into bed

Now and then I will voluntarily google videos and images of decalcification and various other effects of poor orthodontic hygiene to get myself back into gear but while it gets me worried about it, I'm still not allowed the TIME to brush and calm my fears... :?

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

BracesBlueKK

#5 Post by BracesBlueKK »

In general, I:
-Rinse with warm water
-Brush with a manual, orthodontic toothbrush.
-Rinse with water
-Use proxy brush
-Floss all teeth using a threader
-Use Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash.
-Use dry toothbrush to get rid of film (from mouthwash) that collects on braces

After lunch (and any other snacks) I do the same, just without the last three steps. After breakfast I don't floss because I don't have the time.

klobird

#6 Post by klobird »

I have a note card taped on the wall next to my sink:

Without fail:
1. Waterpik
1. Floss with Glide threader floss
3. Proxabrush
4. Brush--use Sonicare, or Oral-B, or manual--I alternate. And I brush between 2-3 minutes. The electric toothbrushes
have 2 minute timers.
5. Act mouthwash (sometimes Listerine)
6. Put in elastics
7. Wax if needed.

I brush about 4 times a day, but one of those times is at work after lunch, so it's more like stim-u-dent pik, swish, manual
toothbrush, elastics, and wax if needed.

I hate every second of it.....

Huggypillow

#7 Post by Huggypillow »

Well i have a few,

If im at home i use my waterpik then electric toothbrush then mouthwash ( listerine zero )

At work i always brush within 5 min of eating.

Night routine is

Rince with water
Floss
Electric toothbrush
Rince with mouthwash
Then pop on that darn elastic
Then use proxy brush with the gi paste

I use the electric brush twice a day, the gi paste daily and floss every night before bed

And yet for some reason i still got 2 de-cal spots

I do everything im suppose to be doing but for some reason i got 2 of those spots.