invisalign after braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFacePrincess

invisalign after braces

#1 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

Ok, so I recently got my braces off but I still have a slight overbite. I'm considering Invisiglign in hopes that the overbite can be corrected. Has anyone ever had Invisalign after braces? I'd imagine my time in them would be short since I just came out of the braces.

sirwired

Re: invisalign after braces

#2 Post by sirwired »

It depends on the cause of your overbite; if it's because your teeth are tilted outward/inwards, but they aren't crowded, then yes, I imagine Invisilign could help. If the overbite is due to arch size or jaw alignment issues, then no.

Think about it... if a short run with Invisilign could line up your bite perfectly, wouldn't your original ortho have done so with your brackets while you were still wearing them? Invisilign cannot do anything that can be done with brackets. (And there are a great many things brackets can do that Invisilign cannot.)

margarets

Re: invisalign after braces

#3 Post by margarets »

I'm confused. You've just had your braces off, and you still have an overbite? Why didn't the ortho correct it while your braces were on?