No Pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceRanger

No Pain?

#1 Post by BraceRanger »

Today, I finally got my braces on. I'm in it for the long haul, prepping for upper and lower jaw surgery in a year. What strikes me as strange, is that I don't seem to have any pain at the moment. Granted, it's only been
7 hours (no pain meds), so maybe the worst is yet to come. Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello" to the board and I'm glad it's here!

BraceRanger

Re: No Pain?

#2 Post by BraceRanger »

P.S: Tried Pot Stickers for first meal after bracing...NOT good. The word "Stickers" should have given me a clue. Thank goodness for a strong water pik. LOL

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

I remember quite a bit of pain as a kid. This round? Not so much. I wasn't exactly chewing pizza crust the next day, but no constant pain.

Sita

#4 Post by Sita »

Yay you! :-) Here's hoping no pain to come either.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

senate

#5 Post by senate »

I had the same experience, I woke up the next morning thinking oh....no pain. Don't take anything for granted though, you still have the possible ulcers to contend with so get you're wax ready. Oh and the lack of ability to chew proper which is deeply annoying when you are so hungry for a proper meal.

kennyandrew85

#6 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Barely any pain for me also.
I think on the second day of braces I bit into a baguette and felt like someone punched me but other than that if you eat carefully a few days after each adjustment it really is quite pain-free.

The only pain I've had is the wire cutting the inside of my cheeks up.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.