Does having Braces make you feel cool?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: Does having Braces make you feel cool?

#46 Post by jem »

Not in the slightest.It is just a means to an end.

But I do now find the process interesting. I would never have gone ahead without the assurance I got from looking at this site over a long period.

Jem.
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Figmo

#47 Post by Figmo »

I’m 33 years old and my confidence has also skyrocketed in the 4 weeks that I’ve had braces. Every time I’m in front of a mirror, I practice a huge, goofy smile which in turn cracks me up. For whatever reason, the laughter has done wonders for my soul. Being a part of this forum feels like some sort of secret society, so yes, having braces makes me feel cool.

newbrace24

#48 Post by newbrace24 »

Not at all. I'm glad that I have them because it means that I am working toward my goal of having a great smile. But it makes me self conscious because I already have a "baby face." Now I feel that no one will take me seriously at all.

zcenteno

#49 Post by zcenteno »

Me?nope definitely not my friend. but i know some people who just get them to look cool. not kidding. From where i am, Braces is a sign of affluence, I have friends who got them but don't do their monthly adjustments.

It's pretty stupid(i think), like poeple spend buttload of money for an appliance that they don't really need, plus gives you hard time eating and gives friggin discomfort. just to look cool? nehhh... Orthodontist doesn't really care simply because its $$$. but i think its a pain in the butt for them if a patient inconsistently come and go for adjustments, ruins the ortho's plan.

if i were the orthodontist id make them sign a contract that if they exceed the timeframe of their treatment due to their lack of cooperation,they would be payin additional $$$ for monthly adjustments :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

just cant wait to get this metal off my mouth, its challenge to make out. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
will be posting pictures soon.

phuongie

#50 Post by phuongie »

I love my braces haha, they make me look younger and let me get away with using student bus tickets! ;)

RHOyally Braced

#51 Post by RHOyally Braced »

Suprisingly, I smile a whole lot more with my braces than I did without. I guess its the confidence I've gained with having my teeth straght. I have more to go, but I'm quite fine with it.
~RHOyally Braced~

naijadiva

#52 Post by naijadiva »

Not necessarily cool, but definitely more confident... I smile a lot more now since my teeth have improved a great deal.

naijadiva

#53 Post by naijadiva »

[quote="zcenteno"]Me?nope definitely not my friend. but i know some people who just get them to look cool. not kidding. From where i am, Braces is a sign of affluence, I have friends who got them but don't do their monthly adjustments.

It's pretty stupid(i think), like poeple spend buttload of money for an appliance that they don't really need, plus gives you hard time eating and gives friggin discomfort. just to look cool? nehhh... Orthodontist doesn't really care simply because its $$$. but i think its a pain in the butt for them if a patient inconsistently come and go for adjustments, ruins the ortho's plan.

if i were the orthodontist id make them sign a contract that if they exceed the timeframe of their treatment due to their lack of cooperation,they would be payin additional $$$ for monthly adjustments :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

just cant wait to get this metal off my mouth, its challenge to make out. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
will be posting pictures soon.[/quote]

Wow, interesting. What country is this?

hypocrite opportunist

#54 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

No, it makes me feel like I'm 13 years old! The last 18 months has not been a fun experience!
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

BracedSurgeryStudent

#55 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Bracer215 wrote:Well I am over 60 and yeah I have to admit I think they are cool. In fact I just got pink powerchain on top and ping ligs on the bottom. My co worker who is in her 40's was sitting in a retaurant and a gentleman came over on his way out and commented that he thought her braces were very sexy!! :BigGrin:
Awesome some lady your age came through me checkout line and she had braces and we were talking about them for a long time.
Jenn Medeiros

scully

#56 Post by scully »

I feel cool in that I am proud I can afford braces all by myself... and uncool in the sense that I get carded all the time (for R-rated movies), people think my boyfriend is a cradle-robber, and I have an epic lisp because of my new bite block...

Mulder: Did you bring enough ice cream to share with the rest of the class?
Scully: It's not ice cream... it's non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle.
Mulder: Ugh... I bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that.

eric1122

#57 Post by eric1122 »

Yes, but sometimes I feel like the teenagers I see with them at my gym. But I feel cool that I can pay for them myself. My mom told me she was proud of me for knowing something was wrong with teeth and bite, and going about finding an orthodontist to getting them fixed.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#58 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

phuongie wrote:I love my braces haha, they make me look younger and let me get away with using student bus tickets! ;)

That's AWESOME. People think I'm 12 with mine but they always though that because I have a baby face.
Jenn Medeiros

BracedSurgeryStudent

#59 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

phuongie wrote:I love my braces haha, they make me look younger and let me get away with using student bus tickets! ;)

That's AWESOME. People think I'm 12 with mine but they always though that because I have a baby face.
Jenn Medeiros

illay

#60 Post by illay »

i am confidence with my braces :wink:

i suggest to take a lot of pictures 'you & your braces' before you miss it