How many hooks do you have?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracer215

Re: How many hooks do you have?

#16 Post by Bracer215 »

I have a total of 12, 4 on top and 8 on the bottom. I have used 8 so far. Just found out my braces should be coming off in June - YEA - That will be a total of 17 months.

kellyb

#17 Post by kellyb »

kellyb wrote:i only have my lower braces fitted at the moment (uppers to be fitted next month). currently have 2 hooks on lower arch.

as my upper arch is now fitted, i have 4 hooks total

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

tmroy79

#18 Post by tmroy79 »

I have four as well. :-*

Jahs2015

#19 Post by Jahs2015 »

I have 14 hooks...6 on top and 8 on bottom. They have not been used yet, but I am only 12 weeks into my treatment.

stealth76

#20 Post by stealth76 »

I have 8 on cheeks side + 4 on tonge side (with 2 of them "flattened" until they will be used).

BracesBlueKK

#21 Post by BracesBlueKK »

It's interesting on how so many of us metal mouths have different number of hooks. I have my first adjustment appointment on Wednesday, so I shall see if I get to wear my elastics on different hooks, or if I'm still stuck on the 6 I'm using now.

Sita

#22 Post by Sita »

I only have four. My orthodontist doesn't know yet if I will need elastics or not.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

methoddan

#23 Post by methoddan »

18 total. I have 8 upper (which are all In-Ovation C brackets with built in "hooks") and 10 on the lower (In-Ovation R with traditional hooks); basically cuspids all the way back. My 2nd upper molar on on each side are not braced.
Braces on August 9, 2011
Braces off November 30, 2012

My braces story take #2

BracesBlueKK

#24 Post by BracesBlueKK »

Just too update: I still have the same configuration, but it will likely change at my next appointment in May to a new configurtion. :-+ I hate elastics!

EbonyQ

#25 Post by EbonyQ »

Sita wrote:I only have four. My orthodontist doesn't know yet if I will need elastics or not.
The same as me. I might not need them :dance:

[/url]

Huggypillow

#26 Post by Huggypillow »

I have 6 on top and 6 on the bottom, praying hard they are only for decoration purposes.

Wishful thinking i think.

Huggypillow

#27 Post by Huggypillow »

Orthodontics translates to tourch-odontics

kellyb

#28 Post by kellyb »

Huggypillow wrote:I have 6 on top and 6 on the bottom, praying hard they are only for decoration purposes.

Wishful thinking i think.
lol :-* seems quite alot of hooks to have just for decoration.
i am hoping when i do get elastics (don't think i can avoid them), they will be for night time only

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013