Laceback metal ligatures?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouth93

Laceback metal ligatures?

#1 Post by metalmouth93 »

So, apparently I'm nearly finished with braces but I'm still very unhappy with my teeth, I've had an overbite(that's in normal range now) and my teeth were moderately crowded. The main thing for me was my two front teeth over lapped & made one look longer than the other so I was very excited when I got braces for them to be straightened. Currently my ortho is just waiting for some very stubborn gaps to close but I feel my two front teeth are not properly aligned, I still feel they are at a slight angle. At my last appointment, as well as putting powerchains on the teeth by the gaps between my incisors and canines, she also put on a continuous laceback ligature(?) under the archwire on my top front four teeth. The ligature is not straight though, its on an angle? Is there any reason for it to be on an angle and what will the laceback lig do? Thank you, also I will post pictures but I'm not sure how to?

Sita

Re: Laceback metal ligatures?

#2 Post by Sita »

You can't post pictures until you have posted 7 times (I think it's seven). Your username will turn green and you will be able to post pics, send messages, have a signature etc.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

metalmouth93

Re: Laceback metal ligatures?

#3 Post by metalmouth93 »

Thank you, I shall go and post