Stain-free lig colours?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gapsbegone

Stain-free lig colours?

#1 Post by gapsbegone »

I currently have pale pink ligs on my lowers but I'm a bit of a curry head & they turned a sort of orangey colour the first time I ate curry! You can't really see my lowers as my lip covers them pretty much all of the time so I'm not too bothered for now, but I'm getting my uppers in a couple of weeks and they're going to show most of the time so I'm wondering what colours are the least susceptible to that kind of staining (or look ok when they do stain)? I had pale purple the first time & they seemed to stay the right colour better than the pink.

Sita

Re: Stain-free lig colours?

#2 Post by Sita »

I don't actually have ligatures so I'm not 100% sure on this but I have read that light greys and blues don't stain as much. Hopefully someone else who actually has ligatures can confirm that and offer better suggestions. Though I am sure if you ask when you get them changed they will be able to tell you what are good colours to get.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

Ellebraced

#3 Post by Ellebraced »

I have clear brackets on top and regular silver on the bottom and always have grey or silver ligs and powerchains. They are ok at not staining but curry is evil and will ruin the powerchain after one meal usually. I always wait to right before my appointment to have curry. But other than curry I eat any and everything with few worries (including spaghetti sauces, vital greens which is a green liquid vitamin, all sauces except those with curry). The top powerchain is more noticeable when I eat something bad. Mustard is another bad one but normally only on the side I chew on not the front brackets. I did have my powerchain changed half way through this month because it was grossing me out, my lipstick stained the front and I must have had a bit of curry in something that stained it.

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

AquarianDragon

#4 Post by AquarianDragon »

I eat curry and turmeric containing foods almost daily (I eat a lot of Indian food). When I had clear ones, I didn't have a problem with staining. To be fair, when I had clears, it was in the beginning, so I was in the habit of brushing my teeth immediately after my last bite (now I'm not quite as crazy). I don't know if by chance it may be the brand of the ligs... maybe so are better than others against staining.

I've had light green, green, yellow, medium blue and neon teal so far without staining issues.

gapsbegone

#5 Post by gapsbegone »

Excellent, thanks :-)

Beebop

#6 Post by Beebop »

Only on my first set of ligs, but I have tooth coloured ones and they are pretty stain free after 8 weeks, had several currys and coffee every morning...

Toby93

#7 Post by Toby93 »

I have found that tea and coffee discolours mine. Some months have been worse than others, but I havn't found it to be really bad so far.

Angel269

#8 Post by Angel269 »

Am hoping to make a batch of soup to adapt to braces and bite plate and wondered about experience of veg dying clear ligs-I imagine tomato soup may stain but has anyone tried carrot with clear ligs?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13