My gaps hurt? :[

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChrissySunshine

My gaps hurt? :[

#1 Post by ChrissySunshine »

Hi.
I'm new here.
Aaaanyways, I've had braces for about four months and, I had four teeth extracted to make room for movement. They put power-chains, "times two" as my ortho called it. The general tooth pain is subsideing but it feels like my gaps are closing up and it hurts. >.<

I know this is a good thing. It just hurts. Also, has anyone else had double power- chains?

ChrissySunshine

Re: My gaps hurt? :[

#2 Post by ChrissySunshine »

No bites?

ahaha.

Well, it got better, only my left front tooth hurts now. pretty badly. I'm sooooo glad I can eat solid foods again. I was getting so tired of vanilla Ensure, pudding and cake.

bracesagain2

Re: My gaps hurt? :[

#3 Post by bracesagain2 »

Hi Chrissy - I have never heard of double power chains. First time I heard it was somewhere on this forum.

I think I should suggest that to my ortho to close my gap!!

Thanks! Glad you're feeling better - the pain seems to go away after the initial adjustment. And glad you can eat good food again!