Braces after a breakup

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yogapaws

Re: Braces after a breakup

#31 Post by yogapaws »

Go for it!
I just started (age 55)... wish I had done this sooner. Just keep doing things you want to do and/or like to do.
.... and one of my coworkers told me orthodontics were sexy because it means you want to take care of yourself and to look better.....

OldBikerBag

#32 Post by OldBikerBag »

@jerseygirl: You go, girl! :-**
385 Days in Damon Braces

Jerseygirl

#33 Post by Jerseygirl »

Thanks Biker GIRL :)

We are almost braced at same time! We'll have to keep tabs on one another! My ortho said I'd be in them about a year but I think he might be very optimistic. I'm guessing more like 14-18 months. I had consults with a few others who also said 18 months maybe a tad more. Well - I'm in them now so no turning back. :)

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

eric1122

#34 Post by eric1122 »

As a single guy at 30 with braces. I think it could only be thought of in a very positive way by someone you might be interested in dating. For me if I were to meet a woman to date, I would only hope she might look at me and think he still cares a great deal about having good teeth.

Mylene

#35 Post by Mylene »

Agreed. As you get older, people start taking their teeth more seriously and less for granted... So when we meet someone, one of the things we often consider is, does that person take care of him or herself?

Happy to answer any real estate questions - message me!