I got my braces off today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blackapple

I got my braces off today

#1 Post by blackapple »

and I love the results and grateful I was able to afford to undergo this process. Hats off to my orthodontist who worked with me to achieve such beautiful results. My orthodontist was still not pleased at the little small gap I had in my upper arch in the front two teeth that he closed the gap within a five minute time frame( still don't know how he was able to do that) I just felt major tightening like I was getting a wire change in my upper arch between those teeth. On with my permanent bonded retainers on the upper arch and bottom arch. I go back in six week to check my removable retainer.

Question. I was told to wear the removable retainer( i only have one on my upper arch 12 hours a day for a year) Can I break up that time or does it mean 12 hours continuously. I am super nervous my teeth are going to move and undue all his work. Would it hurt to just wear it all the time?

My before:

My beautiful after:

auco99

Re: I got my braces off today

#2 Post by auco99 »

Wow, your teeth look great!
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

blackapple

#3 Post by blackapple »

Thank you! I'm actually going to miss the braces. Sounds crazy but wearing them for the length of time I did they seemed like a part of me but I'm ready to move on. Wearing the retainer now still seems like a small version and reminder of the braces though. I keep looking in the mirror and asking myself who's teeth are these lol?

xanidu2012

#4 Post by xanidu2012 »

Congrats :jump: blackapple. When you're done with removable retainer is your ortho going to put on permanent retainers so teeth won't move?I ask because many years ago I had removable retainers and my teeth went back to their original position :( that's why this is my 2nd go round.

Mylene

#5 Post by Mylene »

I have been told that if I want my teeth to stay straight post-braces, I may need to wear my retainer for the rest of my life, at least at night. I hope they can fit one with a nightguard on it for my bruxism.

Your teeth look beautiful BTW! :D

Happy to answer any real estate questions - message me!

GillyWeed

#6 Post by GillyWeed »

They look SOOO GOOOD :thumbsup: You must be thrilled with your results. And your teeth are so white! Congrats on finishing your journey...Enjoy them!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

NICURN85

#7 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats on getting your braces off. Your teeth look GREAT!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

blackapple

#8 Post by blackapple »

xanidu2012 wrote:Congrats :jump: blackapple. When you're done with removable retainer is your ortho going to put on permanent retainers so teeth won't move?I ask because many years ago I had removable retainers and my teeth went back to their original position :( that's why this is my 2nd go round.
Thanks everyone! I to have two bonded retainers on the upper and lower arches covering 8 teeth. I am worried I wasn't given a bottom removable retainer but I guess that is what the bonded retainer on the lower arch is for. I just like extra insurance of it all and peace of mind. I can't afford to not wear my retainers so in they will stay.

linguallady

#9 Post by linguallady »

Congratulations, your teeth look absolutely STUNNING!!!

Noni

#10 Post by Noni »

Your teeth looks amazing .. Congratulation for getting your braces off and for being able handling it through the whole journey :thumbsup:

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

margarets

#11 Post by margarets »

Your after is FANTASTIC!

If you have bonded retainers upper and lower, wearing your removable one while you sleep should be enough. Maybe on some days you'll wear it a bit during the day too, for extra reinforcements. But nothing really beats the bonded ones.

furious george

#12 Post by furious george »

Your teeth look amazing! Congrats!

batwing

#13 Post by batwing »

Congratulations! What a great result, your teeth are beautiful!
Central Ossifying Fibroma removed from mandible 3/8/2012, braced 5/24/2012, One piece Le Fort I performed 12/11/2013, debraced 8/26/2014

Ellebraced

#14 Post by Ellebraced »

GORGEOUS!!! new smile. Congrats!!

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

hopeless20312

#15 Post by hopeless20312 »

I can't believe how braces would turn our teeth into something we're not expecting. WOW.

Looking forward to having a good result to my treatment too. Haven't asked my ortho about when will I be taking this metals on my mouth off. I'll just enjoy this as long as I can. LOL