All done in 11 months (Before, during and after pics!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

steveogt4

Re: All done in 11 months (Before, during and after pics!)

#61 Post by steveogt4 »

SlimZippy wrote:
steveogt4 wrote:you have really great teeth may i ask what are ice brackets cheers .
Thanks Steve. The brackets I had on my upper 6 were Inspire ICE. They are low profile and did not stain at all.

http://www.iceclearbraces.com/
cheers so is there a advantage to damon braces .

chocomorsel

#62 Post by chocomorsel »

And this single woman can say DAMN, I new you were cute. I could tell by your smile. I bet you have gorgeous eyes too, looking at your lashes. If I ever run into you traveling I will definitely know who you are.

But really, a nice bright smile makes anyone more attractive. If you are ever in Dallas look a sista up, haha.

SlimZippy

#63 Post by SlimZippy »

steveogt4 wrote:
cheers so is there a advantage to damon braces .
I haven’t seen any scientific reports that self-ligating (e.g. Damon) brackets work better but here are my observations.
Rotations seemed to be faster on my lower teeth using Damon than the upper using traditional O-rings on ICE. My orthodontist agrees with this observation.
I found that the arch wire (when using rectangular wires) sits better in the Damon bracket and was always in contact with the bracket edge and so rotations and alignment seems better controlled than with traditional brackets. When I was using either o-rings or tied wire ligs on the upper brackets, the arch wire began to move away from the bracket quite quickly so the teeth didn’t follow the arch accurately. The lig wires therefore need to be tightened periodically and quite firmly. This is could cause friction against the arch wire and slow the movement. Elastic O-ring stain quite quickly, mine went light green/yellow after eating. I had one sticky Damon bracket, it was a pain to open each time. Damon bracket have a smaller cross section but stick out from the teeth further. This might cause more irritation inside your mouth. I didn’t have any problems and didn’t need to use wax at all with either.

Both worked well in practice for me.

From an engineering perspective and from my own experience I would go for Damon or similar self-ligating brackets.
Damon & ICE brackets for 11 months in 2010/2011 @ 34 : Before and after pictures here

SlimZippy

#64 Post by SlimZippy »

chocomorsel wrote:And this single woman can say DAMN, I new you were cute. I could tell by your smile. I bet you have gorgeous eyes too, looking at your lashes. If I ever run into you traveling I will definitely know who you are.

But really, a nice bright smile makes anyone more attractive. If you are ever in Dallas look a sista up, haha.

I’ll keep smiling and hope you bump into me :D :D
Damon & ICE brackets for 11 months in 2010/2011 @ 34 : Before and after pictures here

CountessDeSangre

#65 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Wow! Your teeth and smile are AMAZING! And even before you had any work done they're so white! All that progress in just 11 months you have no idea how envious I am right now. You could seriously be in some dental related commercial right now.

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

kbenz

#66 Post by kbenz »

Wow, your teeth look great!

AM21

#67 Post by AM21 »

Wowww! Your teeth are stunning! :D Congrats!
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

lau

#68 Post by lau »

wow! amazing results- you have a PERFECT smile now- congrats!
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

Crafter

#69 Post by Crafter »

11 months and those impressive results!!!

Your ortho is a genious!

Impressive! Can´t wait to see my own results in about 9 months (my treatment is suppossed to be a 10 months journey).

Rusty'sMom

#70 Post by Rusty'sMom »

Gorgeous teeth! They look spectacular!
[Image
[/url]]

[Image
[/url]]

Webtheman

#71 Post by Webtheman »

Wow! Those choppers look awesome!

RedQueen

#72 Post by RedQueen »

Your teeth are looking awesome!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Hope I got mine off soon(:

Angel269

#73 Post by Angel269 »

Your teeth look absolutely amazing afterwards, especially at only 11 months!

I do worry when I have been told that I will only need mine (uppers only) for 9 months but after seeing the difference you have in 11 Im sure it is highly likely things like this can be achieved within this timescale!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

furious george

#74 Post by furious george »

Your teeth look great, congratulations! And thanks for posting the photos, always nice to see before/after/progress!

AltoRose

#75 Post by AltoRose »

Your teeth look awesome! Unbelievable that you could have such a drastic change in such a short amount of time. Congratulations!