It's brace day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

furious george

It's brace day!

#1 Post by furious george »

I'm in the waiting room at the ortho. I'm not excited at all, just nervous. I'll report back in a couple of hours!
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

purpleandteal

Re: It's brace day!

#2 Post by purpleandteal »

Good Luck!
I was in that position a couple of days ago and i can say, it wasnt as scary as i built it up in my head to be

kennyandrew85

#3 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Hope it went well, everyone I know that's had braces has said it was so much more relaxing than they had thought.

I personally enjoyed the time off work :)
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

nikkibabie19

#4 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Good luck..It isnt bad... actually I was more anxious/excited than nervous/worried...

It'll be fine...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

furious george

#5 Post by furious george »

So I asked what brand and it appears that I have the GAC In Ovation-C self-ligating brackets, and my metals are also self-ligating. No elastics for me.

Here's a pic, they feel enormous. I'm a little bummed, because she said they are switching to American Orthodontics for brackets in a few months...I think those would be Radiance? Those look a lot lower profile, these feel enormous. I can barely close my mouth. I should have asked sooner, quite frankly, I would have considered waiting.

Alas...they are on. Here goes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Female, Age 37

margarets

#6 Post by margarets »

Woo hoo!

I think you will see movement pretty soon.

Lillypad

#7 Post by Lillypad »

I have had mine on since Monday and the very very very worst part was the acid used to etch my teeth...UGH!! I laid there thinking I paid thousands of dollars so I could puke all over this man? I didn't, but I was never so glad to have something over in my life. And to top it all off I apparently have an exceptionally dry mouth and the thing they use to prop open my mouth stuck and took a chunk outta my cheek before the braces ever went on. I have had them two days and not so sorry I did it at this point. Good Luck to all!

Angel269

#8 Post by Angel269 »

Good luck on starting your journey this week. My journey starts next Friday with just upper ceramics (+ dreaded bite plate too!)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Jerseygirl

#9 Post by Jerseygirl »

Good luck and congrats - they look great! :)

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

NICURN85

#10 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats on starting your journey!!! They look great!! Make sure to keep us posted on your progress.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

AM21

#11 Post by AM21 »

Congrats! Good luck on your journey!! :)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

AltoRose

#12 Post by AltoRose »

Ah, you have me wishing I'd gotten ceramic uppers. They look really nice!
Second go-round with braces! Age: 32

furious george

#13 Post by furious george »

I have a mouth full of wax and ibuprofen in my pocket.

It's the little hooks and crap on the bands that are bothering me the most. The upper outside in my left cheek and the lower right side against my tongue. I'll get through it though.

Since I have build ups, it looks like eating is going to be limited for a while. And I need an electric toothbrush, stat. Other than that, I think I'm in good shape. I should probably start a blog thread from here on out...unless I have specific questions. :lol:
Female, Age 37