Wire Ties or Elastic o-rings

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lillypad

Wire Ties or Elastic o-rings

#1 Post by Lillypad »

My kids always had the colorful o-rings. I am going to a dfferent ortho and he was twisting away like a mad man during "installation". I thought what in the world is he doing to me. I have wire tie ligatures. I was told they hold better and don't loose elasticity like the o-rings. And since I am an adult (if you can call the young innocent age of 42 an adult) he said we didn't have any time to lose. Thank goodness I have a sense of humor!

They sure are pokey though. The inside of my mouth is torn to shreds. Day 4 (last night) I remembered I had some liquid lidocaine from mouth procedure I had a while back so I dug it out and I am in sweet sweet heaven right now. I love the idea of beautiful teeth once again!

nikkibabie19

Re: Wire Ties or Elastic o-rings

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Oh welcome and congrats on starting the journey.

I can just imagine how annoying those can be...I dont have wire ties but i have two wire spacers in right now...And they hurt more than the regular rubber spacers...

Plus wire scratches up ur cheeks and inside ur mouth..Thank God u had some of the good stuff left.

Well keep us up to date with ur progress...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

kennyandrew85

#3 Post by kennyandrew85 »

I have had ligatures until the 1 year mark.

Last adjustment he put wire ties on my bottom teeth only.

My ortho's reasoning was that they hold to the wire tighter and keep those teeth in place allowing the others to move about without affecting the teeth he wants to keep still.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

DorkieDiva

#4 Post by DorkieDiva »

I have wire ties and ligatures on my random bottom teeth. My ortho said she is using the wire ties to rotate the teeth that they were placed on. The other teeth have ligs.